Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Combination patches  (Read 659 times)

sharri

• First Flush
Combination patches
« on: November 10, 2021, 09:41:08 AM »

Hi!  I haven't been taking HRT very long.  I was put on a low dose of FemSeven that worked well to start with but then the benefits wained.  I was then put on Evorel so I could be given a higher dose (I was told the FemSeven didn't come in a higher dose).  I felt dreadful on the Evorel and wasn't good at remembering to take the progesterone tablet each day so I decided to try using Fem Seven but instead of one patch a week I used two (as you would with Evorel).  I seemed a bit better but was concerned that this may not be wise. 
Anyhow, I'm trying to figure out if there are higher strength patches (75 or 100) that I can use that are combined so I don't need a separate tablet? Or alternatively, is it ok to increase my dose of FemSeven as I have been? I've now run out of HRT so need to get to the GP for a prescription but I don't know what to ask for!
Thanks in advance for any advice

Sharri

pollywollydoodle

Re: Combination patches
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2021, 10:36:27 AM »

Hi Sharri - like you, FemSeven was good for me, and I upped the conti dose by using 1.5 patches at one point. Can't see any problem with adding a half or more conti patch, same formula, different strength.

Dotty

Re: Combination patches
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2021, 11:27:34 AM »

Hi the patches are designed to release the same dose of hormone every day , so I don’t think that changing the patch more frequently will have any effect …. You will still be getting the same dose x