Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Estradot advice please  (Read 962 times)

Daydream

Estradot advice please
« on: November 08, 2021, 06:20:35 PM »

Hi, After being on the maximum dose of Lenzetto 3 sprays (very confusing as my symptoms came back - I thought 1 spray was the equivalent of 2 pumps of oestrogen but then read it’s the equivalent of a 50mg patch??? ) doctor has prescribed the Estradot patch. Hoping to pop in on my hip but after reading leaflet updated September 2020 it specifically says to place on lower abdomen only. Pharmacist said to always follow leaflet advice. My question is why tummy only and has anyone else used it on buttocks or hip? Thanks D xxx

Salad

Re: Estradot advice please
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2021, 08:01:02 PM »

Hi  :)

I have always worn my Estradot patches on the top of my butt cheek. When I did try my tummy, the patch came off after only a day.

I also use Lenzetto spray (I’m a poor absorber)- I find the patches give me a low consistent level, whilst the spray raises the level to help my symptoms.

For me the spray alone wore off after about 7 hours so I didn’t get sufficient symptom relief and I had headaches from the fluctuating level.

It is a bit trial and error finding something that works x

Daydream

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2021, 09:24:15 PM »

Thank you for taking the time to reply ☺️ Although it specifically says on the leaflet to use on abdomen I’m going to try it on my bum! Was just hoping for other users to let me know where they put theirs. Saw Davina McCall put on her hip so might do that too 🤷🏻‍♀️
« Last Edit: November 11, 2021, 09:26:09 PM by Daydream »

Floo36

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2021, 07:43:46 AM »

We all absorb differently but 3 sprays of Lenzetto is roughly 50mg patch. 

CherryC

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2021, 09:16:52 AM »

I put at top of thigh - I understood it could be anywhere as long as below the belly button (must admit I haven't read the leaflet lately)

Postmeno3

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2021, 09:29:25 AM »

There are differing thoughts on changing sides or just using a different area on the same side for best absorption. Might be further helpful if you got clarity on that, too?
🤔

Daydream

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2021, 09:34:53 PM »

Spoke to my GP today and said it was ok to put anywhere below waist so put on my bottom!! I was worried as going against advice by the pharmaceutical company who produces the leaflet which specifically illustrates use on abdomen. I was hoping for replies from users of Estradot as to where they placed it. So far, so good. Better than Lenzetto, no hot flushes in nearly 2 weeks  🤗😁
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 09:44:23 PM by Daydream »

Daydream

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2021, 09:38:51 PM »

We all absorb differently but 3 sprays of Lenzetto is roughly 50mg patch.

I agree! X