Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Progesterone dose  (Read 3957 times)

pepperminty

Re: Progesterone dose
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2021, 07:31:53 PM »

We are made to feel that we are at fault if we do not fit in with the norm of  the Gold standard UTRO

pollywollydoodle

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2021, 07:49:09 PM »

We are made to feel that we are at fault if we do not fit in with the norm of  the Gold standard UTRO

Spot on.

VictoryV

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2021, 08:04:38 PM »

I’m dreading starting the Utrogestan again on the 15th; it makes me constantly hungry. I’m not sure about other sides yet as I don’t think I’ve taken it long enough to build up. Historically I don’t get on with progesterone so am expecting problems.

I’ve heard that progesterone/progestin birth control pills are available over the counter now but I don’t know their names, what the strengths are or critically if they protect the uterus.

Does anybody know if lower dosed progesterone is prescribed in other countries specifically for Menopause please?

Thanks.

Victoria ☀️

AKatieD

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2021, 02:32:27 PM »

AKatieD - the issues around slim choice on preparations and doses needs to be highlighted pan media, that's the only way manufacturers will take notice, Pharma only worry when the demand dries up and that's not likely, so lack of choice needs to be highlighted, preferably by a 'sleb'.

Sounds like a job for Louise Newson and Davina McCall then as those are the only HRT celebrities I know?

Marchlove

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2021, 08:58:27 PM »

Yes indeed they are!
More choice and lower dosage options for progesterone.
Times are changing though, so chin up lovely ladies xx

martha

• First Flush
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2021, 12:04:07 PM »

I have been doing some research and I am not going mad. Some people get withdrawal symptoms when stopping their progesterone. This is due to the GABA system in the brain. So the withdrawal symptoms are the same and as bad as coming off a benzodiazepine.

I would like to get back to the 100mg od that is the usual dose so I propose to taper the gel in the second capsule over a long period of time. So far I have ****ed it with a needle and discarded a small bead of gel. This has resulted in a lighter quality of sleep but at least I did sleep. I can cope with that. I cannot cope with no sleep and feeling wired as soon as my head hits the pillow. It does seem to be dose dependant so hopefully I should be able to wean myself off it. I am feeling a bit more positive as at least there is a physiological reason for my symptoms and thus there is a solution.

It would explain why many women have a hard time changing HRT and why they are so desperate when there are HRT shortages due to supply problems.

Perinowpost

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2021, 01:06:13 PM »

You’re correct Martha the withdrawal from prog is the worst part. It makes me really ill for a couple of days each time and about a week before I’m fully back to myself which is a long time really.

You might have him on something there re squeezing a bead of gel out, never thought of that before, I’m going to try it. It might even be possible to go continuous that way x
Pages: 1 [2]