Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Bleeding following Ovaries removal while on HRT  (Read 716 times)

Silversprings

• First Flush
Bleeding following Ovaries removal while on HRT
« on: November 10, 2021, 10:23:50 AM »

Hi I’m hoping that someone can reassure me! I had both ovaries removed around 3weeks ago due to a large cyst. I have been on Femiston 2/10 for around 4 years with my last ‘real’ period around 11months prior to that. I have always had a monthly bleed since starting HRT but I thought these would cease once ovaries removed. However, last weekend I began having painful cramps and a heavy bleed. I am not sure if this is normal. My GP was unsure and wants to watch and wait if this is just caused by the disruption on hormone levels due to surgery. However, I’m really unclear if I should expect to still have a monthly bleed due to the HRT? My GP said no but I am not sure they were sure to be honest. I’m 51 if that makes a difference. Thanks

sheila99

Re: Bleeding following Ovaries removal while on HRT
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2021, 11:14:38 AM »

I think this is a sequi regime? So yes, you should still have a bleed. You could move to a conti regime now if you prefer not to bleed.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2021, 04:22:39 PM »

I agree with Sheila.

Taz x  :)

Silversprings

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2021, 05:21:46 PM »

Thank you both for replying. I am shamefully ignorant of how all this works! I was just surprised by the pain - which seems to be centred around where the cyst was- and the heavy bleeding. I am obviously still recovering internally and didn’t know if it was something to be concerned about. I feel like this has set me back though so I’ll go back to my GP to look at other HRT options now.