Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: HRT or not  (Read 980 times)

ATJ

• First Flush
HRT or not
« on: November 04, 2021, 04:06:40 PM »

Hi Ladies,

I am new to this forum, firstly hello all.

I have looking for your thoughts on this.

I am 50 in next month and not had a cycle since August this year.
I am fit and healthy. I don't always fit 10,000 steps a day but I lift weights 5 days a week, yoga once a week, drink maybe once  a month, non smoker.  My mood has changed over the past 4 weeks or so.  Some days I feel really low and all I want to do is stay in bed, its hard for me to make any decisions, I was getting headaches for about a week but seems to have gone, I've had tender breast for the last few days.  Also the worse thing that I have going on right now apart from the low mood is my body is feel very stiff.  More so at night, if I try to turn over it feels like my limbs are so heavy and stiff.  I find it hard to put my hand in a fist and have to move it around a bit.  My knees also feel heavy.

I am assuming this is all peri menopausal?  What would you say in this?  What what stop or help the low mood and body pains?
Would estrogen gel help with this?  Right now I have the hormone coil.

Thank you in advance
Amanda

jaypo

Re: HRT or not
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2021, 09:10:35 AM »

Hi Amanda,welcome to the forum,sounds peri to me,there are so many symptoms with meno,low mood ,body and joint pain and of course flushes and rapid heart beats,I could go on,it really does depend what you can put up with,I'm not on HRT myself but other ladies on here will tell you it helps tremendously,maybe worth having a chat with your Dr

sheila99

Re: HRT or not
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2021, 10:10:25 AM »

Sounds like peri to me too. It's oestrogen deficiency that gives you these symptoms so you could add gel or an oestrogen only patch as you already have the coil to provide the progestogen.