Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: help - oestrogel or utrogestan issue?  (Read 1093 times)

Kwebst

• First Flush
help - oestrogel or utrogestan issue?
« on: November 03, 2021, 01:26:03 PM »

Hi Ladies,
Need your experiences please. Was on evorel patches for yonks (50's) but changed due to complete lack of libido before we try testosterone. Am now on estrogel - 4 pumps daily and 100mg utrogestan. Now 2 months in and feel horrendous - really sore hands and feet, sore knees and just feel so stiff - I feel like someone in their 90's! Had a couple of weeks of HORRIFICALLY low mood and had a quick google and thought it could be the utrogestan. I stopped it 5 days ago but no real symptom change. I have an appointment with my dr next week so will discuss it then. My history is that I have had an ablation but the clinic said I still need  a decent amount of progesterone. I do have history of reacting to Norethisterone. Any similar experiences? wotcha think?

sheila99

Re: help - oestrogel or utrogestan issue?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2021, 05:47:39 PM »

If you were happy on evorel I would go back to it. Assuming you were on the right dose I don't think changing type will make any difference to your libido. I had non existent libido and also on evorel ( sequi) then gel (changed due to allergy) before using testosterone. Neither made any difference to my libido, it was the testosterone that did it. In theory you've doubled the dose but your symptoms would indicate low oestrogen. Perhaps you don't absorb gel well but I tend to think if you've found something you get on with it's better to stay with it.