Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Why has this suddenly happened?  (Read 1876 times)

Winter

Why has this suddenly happened?
« on: November 03, 2021, 01:06:28 PM »

Feeling a bit freaked out today. I'm on gel - I upped this to 2.5/3 pumps about two weeks ago, been on HRT 9 weeks in total. Gel and utro. Going in a good direction, sleep better, hair better and no sweats. Mood still up and down but looking forward to things more. Very subtle. Felt great Sunday afternoon and Monday was amazing. Then I dropped like a stone on Monday evening, and today, I have quite a panicky feeling in my chest. I do have other things going on (poorly Dad, relationship issues), but this feels hormonal, at least partly. Fluctuations in the background? I'm around ovulation time, Utro starts again tomorrow.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Why has this suddenly happened?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2021, 01:14:41 PM »

:hug:  9 weeks is early for the body to benefit regularly .  Do U keep a mood/food/symptom diary to chart progress?  It might be that the extra pump is kicking in causing a fluctuation.  Hopefully someone will be along who uses this regime. 

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2021, 02:12:34 PM »

It’s probably your own hormones shifting.
I’m the same, going great for ages, then suddenly I get that awful feeling of being right back where I started. Almost anyway. Doesn’t last long, then I’m ok again. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Could be stress related too, so be kind to yourself.
Xx

Gnatty

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2021, 03:53:12 PM »

This might sound mad but you haven't just had a flu jab? ( See my post from earlier this afternoon). It's only because I feel weird like that in my chest too.

Winter

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2021, 08:38:36 AM »

:hug:  9 weeks is early for the body to benefit regularly .  Do U keep a mood/food/symptom diary to chart progress?  It might be that the extra pump is kicking in causing a fluctuation.  Hopefully someone will be along who uses this regime.

I'm hoping that's it - that's it too early for me to see constant benefit. The churning chest is back this morning, but did go yesterday evening, I felt fine. I don't keep a diary - but would make sense. Can extra pumps cause fluctuations?

Winter

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2021, 08:41:22 AM »

It’s probably your own hormones shifting.
I’m the same, going great for ages, then suddenly I get that awful feeling of being right back where I started. Almost anyway. Doesn’t last long, then I’m ok again. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Could be stress related too, so be kind to yourself.
Xx

Yes, it could be stress, but it's quite an extreme feeling of anxiety, which I'm not sure i've had since I started the gel - but I did get myself in a very anxious state on Tuesday and I wonder if it triggered an adrenal response which is taking a while to settle. And as you say, could well be my hormones shifting. I start Utro tonight and that may actually help (even though I was petrified to take it at firsrt, I seem fine on it). And yes, it does feel like right back where I started, but I do think it would be a mistake to stop. Since I upped to three pumps, my hair has stopped falling out, and so that must be a signal that I needed the extra oestrogen.

Winter

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2021, 08:42:09 AM »

This might sound mad but you haven't just had a flu jab? ( See my post from earlier this afternoon). It's only because I feel weird like that in my chest too.

I had the flu jab over a month ago. I have had a virus which I'm slowly recovering from. I don't think either is linked, though.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2021, 05:58:31 PM »

How is your diet?

sheila99

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2021, 06:42:28 PM »

You can this from too much oestrogen. If the increase in gel has coincided with a spike in your own oestrogen levels you might have had far more than you thought. A diary is a good idea in peri, it might not stop the symptoms but it could stop you worrying about it.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2021, 06:52:05 PM »

Oh yes, too much, or too little oestrogen can bring on anxiety.
It’s a balancing act to get it right.
I struggled to get my dosage right, ( on tablet form) took me an absolute age to get the right balance.
Tweak it here and there, and write down like Sheila suggested how you feel.
you may not need 3 pumps, try 2:5 and wait till it builds up. You may feel better then.
Hope you find your balance, but try and make a diary, they really help when you look back. Xx