Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Tingling sensations  (Read 1917 times)

holidaylover

Tingling sensations
« on: November 03, 2021, 10:27:22 AM »

Morning Ladies
I think I might slowly be driving myself nuts with my health anxiety.  I posted a while back about terrible heart palpitations which I have been dealing with daily for the last 6 months.  Bloods fine, 2 ECG's in surgery fine, and had a 24hr monitor done at the beginning of July.  Still no results and the surgery said they will phone when they arrive.  I find this ludicrous and the wait is making me panic. Doctor said they are running months behind.  Well that's not good enough and especially if I end up dead before I get the results.   I'm not sleeping (or doing anything else really) because I am constantly worried I'm about to keel over.  I  have, at the same time, been suffering from what I think is a acid reflux and pain at the top of stomach in centre.  I dont know yet if the palps and digestive issues are connected. I was given omeprazole which did no good and then was changed to lansoprazole which I think may be helping the stomach issues a bit (not all the time) but my heart is still flipping and flopping all over the place.  It's really scary.  So.... I thought I should try some supplements, thinking maybe a lack of something was causing my issues.  I started at the weekend with Vit D (which I had stopped over the summer), a probiotic (which I believed might help my stomach issues), and an Omega 3 oil ( I really don't know what that will do but I must have read about it somewhere!).  Anyway, here is my issue of the day and next health anxiety problem..  I have since last night started feeling  tingling in my knees ( I do have achy arthritic knees).  My joints all over feel a bit stiff and sore, my lower back is sore, my fingers feel like sausages, tight and sore and my boobs even feel a bit stingy, even the palms of my hands feel a bit like they are burning.  Could this be the result of the supplements or am I being ridiculous?  Should I keep taking them?  Sorry for the long post, just getting so sick of myself.  Grateful for any advice, even if it's to tell me to get a grip!!

holidaylover

Re: Tingling sensations
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2021, 10:29:50 AM »

Sorry, me again!   Also feel a bit 'fluidy' if that makes sense.

marge

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2021, 01:59:17 PM »

Sorry to hear of your woes Holidaymaker, fellow health anxiety sufferer here. Two things, l’m well past meno, put still get tingling especially in my left lower leg and foot at night. It’s been going on for so long, that l tend to ignore it now. I’m sure  it’s anxiety related. With regard to the pain in your upper stomach and acid reflux, l had that and was convinced it was something serious until l notice a red bra line round that area. I upped my bra size from 36b to 38b and, hey presto, problem solved. I realise this might not help you, but you never know. I hope someone else comes along soon to help.

marge

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2021, 02:00:33 PM »

Sorry, Holidaylover, not Holidaymaker!! My brain!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2021, 02:09:13 PM »

Hormones!  As oestrogen levels drop so muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  Carpal Tunnel Syndrome may become a problem.  I get occasionally weird feelings over my knee caps, an alteration of sensation; it doesn't last long.  Zaps have become less. 

Try some pain relief?

holidaylover

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2021, 02:19:46 PM »

Marge, thanks.  My bras are all a bit tight to be honest (cant get a grip of weight gain!!), so will try a bigger size, although I find it a bit tricky to know exactly what size I should buy.  They all seem different depending on make.  CLKD, I do still wonder if my problems are to do with oestrogen.  (Could weight gain be another symptom?!!)  I'm post meno.  Everything is lax!  Can I ask for an oestrogen test from doctors?  And would the answer to that be HRT?