Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Is HRT possible without bleeding and sore breasts?  (Read 852 times)

KT

• First Flush
Is HRT possible without bleeding and sore breasts?
« on: October 31, 2021, 11:15:41 AM »

Hi lovely ladies,

This is my first post,  and I was hoping you could help with my query, Dr Google hasn’t been much help!
I have been on HRT since June, initially on Evorel Conti patches, and now Oestrogel (1 pump) and Utrogestan for progesterone.
I changed over because I was bleeding almost continuously on the patches and had sore breasts with it.
I was hoping that this new lower dose regime would not give me these symptoms but 3 weeks in and I’m back at square one.
The only info I have found says it’s normal in the first 6 months, but does it actually go away?
Are any of you on HRT without these symptoms?

Hurdity

Re: Is HRT possible without bleeding and sore breasts?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2021, 11:23:44 AM »

Hi KT

:welcomemm:

Sorry to hear anbout your symptoms.

I never get sore breasts on the HRT I take and I only get bleeding because I am using cyclical HRT but I am many years post-menopause.

Yes the bleeding should settle after 6 months but the sore breasts could indicate either high progesterone or high oestrogen....

What were your (natural) periods doing in the months leading up to starting HRT? If you had not reached menopause then the bleeding could be due to your natural cycle?

You may be better off taking a cyclical HRT so you would then bleed more predictably?

Hurdity x

KT

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2021, 12:59:38 PM »

Hi Hurdity,

Thanks for your reply. I am 10 years into the menopause now, so got used to not having any of this!
Probably a bit late to HRT but decided I didn’t want to put up with menopause symptoms any longer.
You are right, cyclical HRT would mean I’d know when it was going to happen, but I’d prefer it not to.
I’m wondering if that is even possible?

angelteejay

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2021, 11:22:12 AM »

Those two reasons are why I came off this combination. I’m about to try patches but my gp said I only need oestrogen patch as I’m on the mini pill and that will be the progesterone part of it??

KT

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2021, 03:54:45 PM »

That’s why I’m thinking about coming off HRT as well.
 Also the fact that no one on this forum has replied and said yes, I’m on HRT with no symptoms suggests to me that no one is actually symptom free  :(. I would love to be proved wrong about that!
Angelteejay, let us know how you get on.

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2021, 06:28:41 PM »

I found that the symptoms I had when on Sequi HRT were the same as when I was leading up to a normal period so it didn't really bother me. I was 53 when I started it and then I tried Conti at 55 which gave me constant bleeding for six months so I swapped back to Sequi. By the age of 56 I no longer had tender breasts. The main problem of hot sweats every 20 minutes day and night was quickly resolved by the HRT (within 48 hours) so to me any other symptoms were worth coping with just to feel in control again and live hot-sweat free.

Taz x

sheila99

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2021, 06:35:35 PM »

You might consider a mirena, most women are bleed free on this even before meno. Sometimes 200mg utro daily is prescribed to control bleeding.