Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Taking Elleste for 7 months and still experiencing some issues  (Read 900 times)

ASBO Princess

• First Flush
Taking Elleste for 7 months and still experiencing some issues
« on: October 31, 2021, 08:19:40 AM »

I am now on 2mg of Elleste duet but still having lots of symptoms. I am due to see an NHS menopause nurse in a couple of weeks ( I asked to be referred at the begining due to concerns over my other health issues and interactions) but just wondered what I should be expecting from them. There seems to be so much choice in HRT and not sure if I'm on the right preparation.

I am peri menopausal  and initially it was poor sleep  caused by hot sweats that I was experiencing plus the usual low mood/swings, brain fog etc. The HRT has really helped with the sweats but I'm still left with lots of other symptoms plus painful head aches, very tender breasts (the whole week before my period - which I never suffered with before) and restless nights during this weeks sleep too. (Thought progesterone was supposed to help with sleep)

I do suffer with high cortisol and wonder if the progesterone is making this worse during this time but not sure.

I also have absolutely no libido at all which wasnt great before but now - zilch!

Please help. 

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Taking Elleste for 7 months and still experiencing some issues
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2021, 10:54:21 AM »

Hi.

You may need to change the dosage or to another regime.
Painful breasts for me often was due to taking too much. Hopefully the nurse will advise.
Let us know how you are and what the nurse says.

Good luck. 🤞🏼