Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Making drugs legal  (Read 2458 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Making drugs legal
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2021, 07:52:56 PM »

So if drugs were taken off the streets .......... cutting out the pushers ?

getting_old

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2021, 10:53:08 PM »

So if drugs were taken off the streets .......... cutting out the pushers ?

The drug pushers will create something else, probably more addictive, to sell  :(

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2021, 06:24:53 AM »

:o

jaypo

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2021, 07:56:06 AM »

I hear what your saying clkd but my point is......you give them free drugs BUT it will never be enough,they already GET free drugs as in methadone,which isn't some nice safe little drug,all it is,is a heroin substitute and I guarantee you,that at least 80% of it's users STILL take more drugs on top of that,whether it's Valium,alcohol or stealing Drs prescription pads

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2021, 06:00:17 PM »

I'm glad you hear me  ;D - however, making drugs legal has never been trialled here.  So we shouldn't assume that 'they' ......... until safe areas are set up.

getting_old

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2021, 07:40:39 PM »

I hear what your saying clkd but my point is......you give them free drugs BUT it will never be enough,they already GET free drugs as in methadone,which isn't some nice safe little drug,all it is,is a heroin substitute and I guarantee you,that at least 80% of it's users STILL take more drugs on top of that,whether it's Valium,alcohol or stealing Drs prescription pads

Agree. My aunt worked in a pharmacy in the 80s and dispensed methadone etc. They were broken into almost weekly by people looking for more drugs. She said that as people's bodies got used to the drugs they needed more to achieve the same high.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 08:08:51 PM by getting_old »

jaypo

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2021, 07:50:50 PM »

That's exactly right getting old,very rarely do any meth patients actually come off methadone,it's already a great expense to the tax payer and it sadly just doesn't work.We were once trapped in our pharmacy because one patient wasn't on time for his methadone,he was trying to kick in the door,we were terrified,police eventually came for him.

getting_old

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2021, 08:02:10 PM »

That's awful Jaypo. Sounds very similar to my aunt. I know she had some really frightening experiences over the years.

CLKD are you talking about making all drugs legal or just things like cannabis? Other countries have made cannabis legal and it's not as straightforward as just providing somewhere safe. I have a friend who works in HR in Canada. When cannabis was legalised they had all sorts of things to consider, such as not being able to test but worrying about people being able to operate machinery safely.

They also told me there were issues about people driving whilst using, vets seeing a lot of pets who'd accidentally eaten cannabis products, and people in flats being affected by their neighbours drug use. Also
https://windsorstar.com/news/local-news/neighbours-fear-another-season-of-skunky-odours-from-backyard-cannabis-jungle

jaypo

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2021, 08:11:49 PM »

Everyone says how well Amsterdam does but after spending some time there recently,it was awful,the stench of weed was everywhere,people lying on the pavements totally spaced out,didn't like the place at all

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2021, 08:13:21 PM »

All drugs. 
Pages: 1 [2]