Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Can oral utrogestan cause bladder pain?  (Read 1417 times)

Flossieteacake

Can oral utrogestan cause bladder pain?
« on: October 31, 2021, 01:22:31 PM »

I have been taking Utrogestan for 10 nights now and I have noticed my UTI symptoms have worsened. Is this possible? I am already taking vagifem for atrophy. The dr gave me utrogestan as she said I need something to protect my womb as I was previously on evorel patches for 9 months without using utrogestan.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 05:53:57 PM by Flossieteacake »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Can oral utrogestan cause bladder pain?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2021, 02:26:41 PM »

How often R U using the 'vagifem', mayB use it every night to see if symptoms ease?

Flossieteacake

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2021, 02:34:42 PM »

How often R U using the 'vagifem', mayB use it every night to see if symptoms ease?

I am using it every night. Thank you for replying.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2021, 04:08:13 PM »

When I get the need2P feelings I take 'nurofen' 2 capsules 3 times a day, which eases the nip as the spincter shuts off the urine stream.

How long have you been using the 'vagifem'?  keep up with every night - when will you stop the Utrogestan?

Flossieteacake

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2021, 04:12:24 PM »

When I get the need2P feelings I take 'nurofen' 2 capsules 3 times a day, which eases the nip as the spincter shuts off the urine stream.

How long have you been using the 'vagifem'?  keep up with every night - when will you stop the Utrogestan?

I also take nurofen 3 times a day. I have been taking vagifem for 3 weeks. Some days I have had to take 2 a day. I was meant to take Utrogestan for 25 days and then have a 3 day break. I am just unsure if I should stop taking it as it seems to be giving me worse symptoms.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2021, 04:13:02 PM »

Hopefully someone who uses it will be along.  Any hints in the leaflet with the product?

Flossieteacake

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2021, 04:19:11 PM »

Hopefully someone who uses it will be along.  Any hints in the leaflet with the product?

I really appreciate you replying. I read the leaflet but could only find that it can cause urinary problems.

Joaniepat

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2021, 05:28:40 PM »

I have been taking Utrogestan for 10 nights now and I have noticed my UTI symptoms have worsened. Is this possible? I am already taking vagifem for atrophy. The dr gave me utrogestan as she said I need something to protect my womb as I was previously on evorel patches for 9 months.
Are you on systemic oestrogen now? If you are no longer using systemic, you wouldn't need Utrogestan.
JP x

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2021, 05:34:47 PM »

If you were on full HRT before then the withdrawal of it could be making urinary symptoms worse. I have to use both full HRT (Evorel) and vagifem to keep mine under control.

Like Joaniepat says I'm not sure why you have been given utrogestan if you are no longer on HRT? Also it could be that you do actually have a UTI so maybe you should get this checked out. I hope it eases soon.

Taz  :)

Flossieteacake

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2021, 05:52:31 PM »

I have been taking Utrogestan for 10 nights now and I have noticed my UTI symptoms have worsened. Is this possible? I am already taking vagifem for atrophy. The dr gave me utrogestan as she said I need something to protect my womb as I was previously on evorel patches for 9 months.
Are you on systemic oestrogen now? If you are no longer using systemic, you wouldn't need Utrogestan.
JP x

I am on Evorel 75 patches.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2021, 05:53:15 PM »

If you were on full HRT before then the withdrawal of it could be making urinary symptoms worse. I have to use both full HRT (Evorel) and vagifem to keep mine under control.

Like Joaniepat says I'm not sure why you have been given utrogestan if you are no longer on HRT? Also it could be that you do actually have a UTI so maybe you should get this checked out. I hope it eases soon.

Taz  :)

Sorry for not being clear. I am on Evorel 75 too.

Jasmine20

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2021, 07:15:51 PM »

Hi Flossieteacake

Yes Utrogestan can cause bladder irritation orally. It caused severe bladder pain for me.

I use it vaginally now which is usually ok for me.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2021, 07:37:19 PM »

Hi Flossieteacake

Yes Utrogestan can cause bladder irritation orally. It caused severe bladder pain for me.

Thank you for your reply. That is very helpful. I am going to stop taking it and ask for the vaginal one.

Taz2

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2021, 08:58:30 PM »

Hi Flossieteacake

Thank you for your reply. That is very helpful. I am going to stop taking it and ask for the vaginal one.

I think it's the same product just used vaginally instead of orally. Maybe someone can confirm this.

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding earlier.. I thought you meant you had stopped the Evorel. Has your doctor offered to refer you for an ultrasound of your womb lining to check out the depth as you were taking it for quite some time without any progesterone?  :)

Flossieteacake

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2021, 09:29:13 PM »

Hi Flossieteacake

I think it's the same product just used vaginally instead of orally. Maybe someone can confirm this.

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding earlier.. I thought you meant you had stopped the Evorel. Has your doctor offered to refer you for an ultrasound of your womb lining to check out the depth as you were taking it for quite some time without any progesterone?  :)

Thank you for your reply. Please do not be sorry. I am never good at explaining things. I also think it is the same product but I read when it is used vaginally it may have less side effects.

I have been asked to have an ultrasound but I refused as I am unable to leave my home. I am hoping I will be okay as I have not bled at all.