Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: hair Loss  (Read 4217 times)

Pennyfarthing

hair Loss
« on: October 31, 2021, 09:57:24 AM »

i thought I started a post about this a few months ago but can’t find it.

I have had the most stressful time of my last the past 2-3 years and have been experiencing hair loss.  My hair brush is full of hair every day so I avoid brushing it more than I have to.  As an experiment, I have been saving it all since end April and I have enough to stuff a small cushion!!

I have seen a dermatologist, had blood tests which showed a very slight zinc deficiency so have been on zinc supplements for many months.  The consultant has given me special shampoo to use every other day and some lotion to massage in but I can’t see much difference yet and I have  to see her in a few months and also have scalp biopsies but there is a very long waiting list.

I used to have lovely thick hair but now it is much thinner and I am unhappy about it. I just don’t feel like me any more! 

There is an interesting prog. On TV Called The Hair Loss Clinic and they have had some amazing results and changed people’s lives.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: hair Loss
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2021, 10:12:41 AM »

My hair doesn't seem to be regenerating.  Until 3 months ago it grew thickly on top quite quickly, I am not losing in the comb or on my pillow but the follicles aren't producing hair as often.  I discussed this with my hairdresser on Wed. morning when she did a quick trim.  Apart from hormonal imbalance I was told that the changing of the seasons, shock, colouring can all impact on how the follicles react.

U have been under stress.  Sometimes the creeping effect of that can impact on our hair quality.  One lady I talked to had her hair cut into a 'bob' on a regular basis so that the weight didn't drag her scalp, I forget to ask which shampoo she uses  ::) but she was finding the short cut helpful.

People under stress also don't always eat properly which will impact on our over all body health.

Florrie2

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2021, 09:50:47 PM »

I’ve bought some shampoo that has a natural component to block DHT (type of testosterone). You get your money back if it doesn’t work. Only problem is that is based on using it 5 times a week. My hair is really long (albeit much thinner which upsets me) so I wash it at the most once a week.
I thought it worth trying at least.

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2021, 01:27:32 PM »

My daughter uses rosemary oil,mixed with a carrier oil and massages it gently into her scalp,a couple of hours or overnight before washing,it has really helped her hair fall,she can now see regrowth,apparently it's not just some fad,it's had clinical trials which have been very promising

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2021, 06:11:34 PM »

Does your daughter wrap her head in a towel or shower cap ?  Can U let me know which products and where from, tnx?

jaypo

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2021, 07:00:37 PM »

It's just rosemary oil,then she mixes it with a carrier oil,for instance,good olive oil or coconut oil,it's roughly 5 drops of rosemary oil from a dropper to 5ml of the carrier oil,then drop it along the hairline,DO NOT put just the rosemary oil on without a carrier oil as it's too strong,yes,she uses a towel if keeping it on overnight

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2021, 08:10:22 PM »

Tnx - rinses with cool water so that it doesn't ? cook ? ..........

jaypo

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2021, 09:25:39 PM »

Just washes as normal,think she washes her hair in cool water anyway

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2021, 02:30:32 PM »

Not much progress here.  Still under massive stress so am not really surprised.  The letter from the consultant says she has diagnosed Telogen effluvium, mild seborrhoeic dermatitis and query Pseudopelade de Brocq over the vertex. 

No news as to when I get my biopsies.

Hubby puts the scalp lotion on my “bald spot” every night and he says he thinks the hair may be growing a tiny bit.  I am using the special shampoo but not every other day as it says because I don’t wash my hair that often.

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2021, 02:38:25 PM »

Could you put the special shampoo over the spot with less hair and rinse gently?

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2021, 10:19:34 AM »

Could you put the special shampoo over the spot with less hair and rinse gently?

That’s exactly what i do.  Start there and then do rest of head.

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2021, 02:23:47 PM »

I read in a magazine last night about a hair product: of course, can't remember the name  ::) : which supposedly lessens hair loss.  Any1 tried anything similar? 

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2021, 05:04:13 PM »

When I searched for 'hair' on the Forum lots of threads popped up  :o

I decided that mine requires more oomph so bought some Aussie Volume shampoo today.  I try to buy from the UK if possible.  However:

"Aussie" At Proctor and Gamble in Germany or Weybridge, Surrey.  Made in France  ;D

jaypo

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2021, 06:25:10 PM »

Blimey,you get around clkd  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2021, 10:09:49 PM »

:lol:    I can see that my hair is thinning but not falling out in handfuls.  So I need some bulk, maybe if the Aussie doesn't work, it will be Brylcreem next  ;D
Pages: [1] 2