Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Update on Lenzetto and oestrogen blood levels  (Read 1167 times)

Pippa52

Update on Lenzetto and oestrogen blood levels
« on: October 29, 2021, 07:40:54 PM »

Hi All,
I wrote a post a while back regarding my 'exceedingly low'' oestrogen blood level reading of 98 pmol. according to the Menopause consultant I saw.  I had been on Oestrogel for over 20 years and was clearly not absorbing it even though I was on 3 pumps daily. I had a surgical menopause over 20 years ago so I have no womb or ovaries I should add. I had been fine on Oestrogel for all those years until Besins the manufacturer changed the formulation slightly last year which clearly did not suit me and I was not absorbing it. The Consultant told me she has several other patients who have complained of the same outcome re the changed Oestrogel . I suffered the most appalling anxiety and panic attacks, insomnia, hot flushes alternating with feeling freezing cold, crippling headaches and felt totally exhausted all the time. and just could  not function normally in any way. The Consultant changed me on to Lenzetto and for weeks I struggled with the dose levels.  2 sprays was way too high for me and I felt really jittery sick and ill so I went back down to one spray which was too low.  Anyway I appear to have at long last hit the jack pot on one spray plus one third of a spray (I tape over the end of the Lenzetto applicator to only allow 1/3 of the opening to spray through.  After 2 weeks at this level and I am for the first time since last January beginning to really turn a corner.  I have some more energy, my hair has stopped falling out and I am at last beginning to start to feel human again.  Sure enough I had a blood test 2 days ago and my oestrogen level has now gone up to 240 pmol which apparently is just where it should be.  Hence I will be sticking to Lenzetto which I like anyway as it is so easy to use.  Dare I begin to hope that life might become slightly more normal again!!! :) It can apparently actually take several months to totally level out on a new treatment so I will keep everything crossed that things continue to improve. xx
« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 07:54:02 PM by Pippa52 »

sheila99

Re: Update on Lenzetto and oestrogen blood levels
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2021, 09:20:59 PM »

Glad you've cracked it  :ola:

Pippa52

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2021, 08:28:23 AM »

Sheila99 - thank you x

pollywollydoodle

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2021, 12:01:04 PM »

Hi Pippa52 - I loved the idea of Lenzetto and have tried it several times. Medics seems to differ on what they think the dose is as delivered by each spray, and like you, I had variable side effects when I used it. What were your symptoms on each different dose and how long did you give each dose before you settled in current dose?

Glad you found your perfect dose eventually!

VictoryV

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2021, 12:22:00 PM »

Really pleased to read this Pippa52, I’m so pleased you’ve found what works.
Victoria.x☀️

Sazzle42115

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2021, 01:01:55 PM »

Hey great news.

Pippa52

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2021, 01:50:13 PM »

Pollywoddledoodle - yes getting the dose right was really fiddly and it's taken me 4 months.  I was prescribed one spray for a week to start with and told to increase it to 2 sprays after a week.  One spray was not enough and 2 sprays way too much so I experimented over the months by slightly altering the dose by altering how much I had taped over the opening.  I seem to have finally hit the jack pot with one and 1/3 of a spray.  It's a bit of a faff taping up the opening but the consultant said she will write to my GP and ask for me to be prescribed 2 packets of Lenzetto every month so that will be a lot easier as I can keep on permanently taped. The higher dose of 2 I stayed on for several weeks but I was so jittery and could not sleep and felt constantly wired.  The lower dose of one spray I was getting a lot of hot flushes and also felt like a permanently exhausted pigeon even climbing up the stairs made me feel shattered. I also had a lot of muscle and joint pain.  It's funny that only a 1/3 of a spray can make such a huge difference.  I have been on this dose for 3 weeks now and don't need to change it now that my blood results are up and I am also starting to feel human again for the first time since last January.  I hope so much you can find a level that suits you - if it works for you Lenzetto is so easy to use.

I really do like the Lenzetto and for me it seems that  I clearly absorb it very well as am on a pretty low dose yet my blood levels shot up to the required level whereas I was on 3 pumps of Oestrogel which was doing not a lot as was proved by my blood results.

Good luck please let us all know how you get on xxx

pollywollydoodle

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2021, 03:04:33 PM »

Many thanks Pippa52, I’ll maybe give it another shot. I read somewhere on another meno blog that a woman had cut the protective cap to provide the perfect dose. That might be an option for you now you’ve found your level and would save the hassle of taping every time? Thanks again.

Pippa52

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2021, 05:21:24 PM »

Pollyollydoodle.  Re cutting the cap yes I have tried that as well it is certainly another method that can work. xx

Pippa52

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2021, 05:22:07 PM »

Thanks everyone for your kind words.  Fingers crossed it all continues to work xx

applejack

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2021, 05:43:39 PM »

That's brilliant, Pippa, I'm so pleased for you. So frustrating to be sailing along and then capsize (I'm in that same boat at the moment, sinking slowly!)

It's really cheering to hear a good news story.   :)