Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: New HRT starter, Evorel 25 and Utrogestan 100mg  (Read 848 times)

Eddiesmum

• First Flush
New HRT starter, Evorel 25 and Utrogestan 100mg
« on: October 29, 2021, 04:07:41 PM »

New member and 1st post. Only been on this nee combo a few weeks but I have been consistently feeling dizzy and zoned out to the point where I am worried about driving. I have not had any pre HRT symptoms of this kind. I am also taking Menopace which really helped me with brain fog. Has anyone else experienced this? Today its been so bad, I fee like stopping it all together  :'(

Hurdity

Re: New HRT starter, Evorel 25 and Utrogestan 100mg
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2021, 08:22:02 AM »

Hi Eddiesmum

:welcomemm:

Sorry to hear you're still not feeling good.

If you are on utrogestan daily and only 25 mcg patch it could be the side effects from continuous progesterone that are causing these side effects.

Can you tell us a bit more about yourself - where you are in menopause re periods etc and how old you are?

Ideally if you are post-menopausal then a dose of 50 mcg would be recommended - 25 mcg is quite low, and maybe not enough for you to feel the benefits of adding oestrogen. There are also other ways to take the progesterone eg cyclically ( and you would get a bleed) or vaginally (if you are taking it orally) - though most women would not want to take it this way all the time.

Hurdity x

monicap

Re: New HRT starter, Evorel 25 and Utrogestan 100mg
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2021, 09:38:03 PM »

You can also take it anally apparently