Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Perimenopause Newby desperately needing help!  (Read 914 times)

kittydaydream

Perimenopause Newby desperately needing help!
« on: January 04, 2022, 03:05:41 PM »

Hi everyone, I'm new here! My perimenopause systoms became so bad I can't work at the moment.....I have crippling fatigue, I wake up exhausted often from really vivid dreams. I have terrible palpitations which lead to anxiety, I also get nausea and sometimes diarhea. Generally I feel like I'm dying and am in a constant state of fear, I have had a raft of tests including ECG's and were clear but I cant shake the feeling of dread that theres something undiagnosed that I'm dying from! I started Evorel sequi about four months ago but it doesnt seem to help much, the Dr said the only other option is HRT pills which I hear are bad if you have IBS and also increase risk of bloot clots so I'm reluctant to take them.
I hope someone can give comfort or advise.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Perimenopause Newby desperately needing help!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2022, 04:01:54 PM »

......... and breath!

:welcomemm:  some find that keeping a food/symptom/mood diary of use to chart progress.  How old are you, do you have family to care for i.e. teens and older relatives, which can all drain our energy.

There is a lot of option for HRT.  It's 'the change', does what is says on the tin  >:(  ::) .... we have a thread, 'weird dreams' as well as other topics, including menopause.  Peri - the years leading to the last period can be troublesome as we really don't expect them!

Anxiety is common.  Hormonal upheaval can cause it.  Some HRT will ease symptoms as well appropriate medication. 

I have IBS - is there a history of blood clots in your family? 

If your hormones have been dropping HRT won't be an instant 'cure'.  It takes a while ........

Browse round.  Make notes ;-)

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2022, 05:10:51 PM »

The options are not either evoral or oral, there are other patches, gel or spray. If it's made no difference perhaps you need a higher dose of oestrogen.

kittydaydream

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2022, 06:50:30 PM »

Thank you! i am 48 and dont have dependants but i also have rheumatoid arthritis so it may be worse due to that! got the Dr to refer me to menopause clinic as the Dr can't/won't test hormone levels - only confirm I am perimenopausal! I am hoping menopause clinic can give me the right HRT

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2022, 06:58:57 PM »

Do U see a rheumatologist regularly?

kittydaydream

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2022, 07:58:59 PM »

yes i see a rheumatologist