Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: High estrogen  (Read 5625 times)

Sazduggs

High estrogen
« on: October 28, 2021, 04:11:37 PM »

Help ladies,

Does anyone find they have these symptoms of their estrogen levels get a little or a lot! Too high? I’m on estrogen pellets and testosterone pellets due to full hysterectomy several years ago. I’m not talking about estrogen dominance as I have no progesterone for it to dominate! I had my latest pellet 2 weeks ago but the old one wasn’t overly low so I have to ride it out until the old one lowers more…. I’m suffering with….

Terrible itching- armpits and chest mainly

Muscles fatiguing quickly, just front walking up the stairs, legs few ready to die!

A little spotty

Tiredness late afternoon, often taking a little nap

Feeing a little jittery

Feeling like cortisol is running through my veins

Lower tummy weight gain

Feeling of water retention

Increase in anxiety

Not depression as such(not like when E is too low!!) b ur a low grade blurgh feeling

No oomph!

Shortness of breath

Other than the itching none of them are severe, I just wondered if anyone else gets any of these when E is higher xx

Floo36

Re: High estrogen
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2021, 06:55:02 AM »

Those are all low Estrogen symptoms for me.  Could it have failed or does it take time to build?

Sazduggs

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2021, 07:30:04 AM »

I get very similar symptoms for both high and low, the only 2 factors that differentiate are severe depression and painful joints for low E, which I don’t have  so I know it’s high, it’s just the bloody itching is worse than ever and driving me nuts!!!

Floo36

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2021, 10:49:42 AM »

How are you getting on with the implant?

I had Estrogen and t implant 27th nov and not improved at all yet, in fact I’ve had my usual dips and had an awful week as I’m still peri.  I’m hoping it’s still climbing and will work.

Nik2502

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2021, 10:53:57 AM »

My symptoms are exactly the same for high and low! Just dabble with my oestrogen until I get the balance right.

Sazduggs

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2021, 11:29:18 AM »

Floo36, I was on 2 x 100 E patches when I first started the pellets!! And they told me that it takes quite a while to build up then only lasts a short time. They were right… but the 2-3-4 etc became spot on. My first one gave around 6-7 weeks of sanity that was all, then they gave me the 2nd one at the 4 month point. Who gave you them? Chelsea and west? Claire ballone?

Floo36

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2021, 12:03:35 PM »

Hi

I had to go private unfortunately as desperate,  the menopause clinic London did it.  It’s week 5 so do you think it still may work?  I am having severe fluctuations which are not helping.  Are you ok now?

Kathleen

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2021, 12:35:32 PM »

Hello ladies.

I don't know how relevant this is but an NHS consultant Gynaecologist told me that with implants less is often more. He explained that many of his patients wanted to have their implants renewed sooner than planned because their symptoms had come back but infact they requited less oestrogen not more. He said he had some patients who were using Oestrogen every other day and were doing well.

My meno clinic is always pushing for higher Oestrogen but I often think of the conversation I had with the consultant and wonder if he was right.

I am post meno and using gel so I don't have any personal experience of implants but I thought you ladies may be interested in hearing the views of another menopause expert.

Wishing you all well.

K.

Floo36

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2021, 12:57:30 PM »

Thanks Kathleen,

I do know that it’s more Estrogen that I need because when mine spikes up I feel better mentally but it doesn’t last because they are just fluctuations and my own cycle. My menopause doctor did say that in peri some need higher Estrogen and that we are all so different.  She also said that you won’t always need so much as time goes on. 

Sazduggs

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2021, 01:15:02 PM »

It could still work mine fist one took about 6 weeks to kick in, worked for 6 weeks then I had to top up with a patch for the last 6 weeks. Then the next one was implanted…. It started working after about 3 weeks and lasted about 4 months… pellets are cumulative. 95% of the time I feel amazing in pellets, I couldn’t imagine using anything else now…. Which is why it’s awful news that the American company that make them have gone bust and they won’t be around much longer…. So back to patches eventually 🙄😫

Floo36

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2021, 01:27:55 PM »

Oh no if it’s the only thing that does work for me then I’m stuffed as nothing else works and I’ve tried almost everything apart from Premarin.  How did you find out, what is the company called?

Kathleen

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2021, 04:59:03 PM »

Hello again ladies.

I have just had another thought. My meno doctor tells me that my Oestrogen levels are good  however I am still suffering from low mood and anxiety. I suppose this could be because my oestrogen is too high? Confusingly my crying episodes really kicked in when I was off all HRT for a year.

A GP told me that the mood problems resolve eventually and my trusty meno book says the emotional symptoms decline when we reach our mid sixties. Maybe I should have just toughed it out?

Why is this so difficult to work out ladies?

Take care everyone.

K.

Nik2502

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2021, 06:55:37 PM »

Hello again ladies.

I have just had another thought. My meno doctor tells me that my Oestrogen levels are good  however I am still suffering from low mood and anxiety. I suppose this could be because my oestrogen is too high? Confusingly my crying episodes really kicked in when I was off all HRT for a year.

A GP told me that the mood problems resolve eventually and my trusty meno book says the emotional symptoms decline when we reach our mid sixties. Maybe I should have just toughed it out?

Why is this so difficult to work out ladies?

Take care everyone.

K.

Hi Kathleen
I never really know if my oestrogen is too high or low. I have the same symptoms for both - low mood, fuzzy head, tearfulness.
I actually cut down from 75 patch and 3 pumps of gel just to the patch and felt so much better. Now I’ve had my Covid vaccine I feel awful again and not sure whether to add in gel or reduce? It’s a minefield! X

Kathleen

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2021, 08:33:03 PM »

Hello Nik2502

You must be very frustrated with it all and I do sympathise. My meno Dr tells me that my Oestrogen levels are good so I should be feeling the benefits by now but my moods are still a problem.

It is interesting that you felt better without the added gel and hopefully the vaccine's effects on your hormones will soon wear off.

I upset myself this evening by worrying about how my daughter will cope with all of this when it's her turn, silly really as she is young and her hormones are all about making babies at the moment! It does make me sad to think of the huge impact the menopause has on us and how debilitating the symptoms can be. Perhaps in the future the whole process will be better treated and understood. I think Dr Louise Newson has set up a charity that will fund research amongst other things so there is hope.

Wishing you well and I hope that you feel better soon.

K.

Floo36

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2022, 05:19:16 PM »

Hi Kathleen,

Your meno doctor says your Estrogen levels are good but they may not be for you, we all need different levels to feel good is what I’m told.  Have you tried increasing the Estrogen to see if it helps?  What is your level that they say is good?

I’ve just had a really tough few days again, the things it does to my brain is terrifying.

Pages: [1] 2 3