Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Oral Estrogen & Testosterone  (Read 787 times)

sweettooth

Oral Estrogen & Testosterone
« on: October 28, 2021, 12:51:52 PM »

Hi ladies,

Looking for some advice or experience of ladies on oral Estrogen and using a little testosterone.

I am on oral Estrogen as I don’t absorb transdermal and it suits me.  I have read that oral can lower Testosterone, I don’t have ovaries either.

Does any of you ladies use oral and add Testosterone with good results?

Thank you so much xx

Hurdity

Re: Oral Estrogen & Testosterone
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2021, 07:45:13 AM »

Hi sweettooth

I am not in that category as I use patches with my T.

However yes you are right that oral oestrogen lowers free testosterone by increasing a compound known as SHBG (sex hormone binding globulin) which binds to free T, but I don't think there has been research into this in relation to optimal T dosage for women - mainly because there is no product on the market for women on NHS though Androfeme cream is available privately.

Even the info on Androfeme suggests changing to transdermal oestrogen for this reason: https://www.nps.org.au/medicine-finder/andro-feme-1-cream#full-pi

Maybe time to have another try with transdermal oestrogen - eg the latest formulation - a spray called Lenzetto? There are several threads on this.

Hurdity x

monicap

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2021, 09:49:40 PM »

I hope you get a reply from someone with that experience, but imagine that most of the women taking testosterone are doing it to improve sensitivity/arousal/orgasm and like me are steering clear of oral oestrogen because it's well known to lower libido.

I heard somewhere that issues with absorbing oestrogen transdermaly can simply be down to making sure you don't have any body lotion on the skin.

sweettooth

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2021, 04:32:58 PM »

Thanks ladies food for thought indeed!!  X