Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Our Yorkshire Farm  (Read 1593 times)

Pennyfarthing

Our Yorkshire Farm
« on: October 27, 2021, 03:40:20 PM »

I always enjoyed watching all the series of this family on their farm but my husband says he can’t watch it as he feels it’s all fake and done purely for the cameras.

Today I have been reading that Clive and Amanda’s marriage is in trouble and she has been living separately in her other farmhouse for several months.  Rumours in the dales is that she is having an affair with a cameraman but who knows?

It’s a shame for all the kids because they all seem so happy and well adjusted.  I also feel sorry for Clive because he is so patient and tender with the kids and doesn’t appear to ask for much in life apart from his work and the farm.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Our Yorkshire Farm
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2021, 03:51:37 PM »

These issues happen, where did U read that news?.   They seem to spend a lot of time apart  :-\.  Clive has a daughter by his 1st marriage so who knows why that disintegrated?

Matt Baker has a programme - they always seem to be happy and jolly too  ::)

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2021, 06:35:28 PM »

I hadn't heard but it doesn't surprise me. She thinks she's something special and he's an old man now.

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2021, 06:57:54 PM »

I completely agree Sheila,who herds in cows in a bikini top & mini skirt?!she's so in love with herself,always pouting etc,I used to love this programme but yes,it all seems for the cameras now sadly

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2021, 08:06:45 PM »

I completely agree Sheila,who herds in cows in a bikini top & mini skirt?!she's so in love with herself,always pouting etc,I used to love this programme but yes,it all seems for the cameras now sadly

I’ve watched all the progs about the farm and really enjoyed them. I’ve also read all her books. To begin with she was completely natural and spoke with a nice Yorkshire accent.  Over the years she changed to wearing off the shoulder tops and mini skirts, then she had her eyebrows done and pouty lips and dropped the yorkshire  accent.   Her first two books were great but the third she spoke more about doing up the house she bought and the work she had done, renovations etc.  The farm and the kids didn’t feature much at all which was disappointing. 

Clive had been divorced two years before they got together and has a son and daughter by his first marriage. 

Although Clive doesn’t say much, what he does say is usually worth hearing.  He did a lovely little clip with Sidney where he quietly encouraged him with his newly trained sheepdog and explained stuff to him so well and told him how well he was doing and what a great bond he had with his dog.  That was lovely.

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2021, 08:12:16 PM »

These issues happen, where did U read that news?.   They seem to spend a lot of time apart  :-\.  Clive has a daughter by his 1st marriage so who knows why that disintegrated?

Matt Baker has a programme - they always seem to be happy and jolly too  ::).

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/arts-and-culture/film-and-tv/amanda-owen-and-husband-clive-release-statement-after-reports-say-they-are-battling-to-save-marriage-3434744

sheila99

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2021, 09:21:11 PM »

You haven't seen OH then?  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2021, 06:27:51 AM »

Sad.  Doing up that barn was on the cards for ages.  It may be that some of the film was during very hot weather though me, if I wore anything less than jeans and a jacket, I would find a mire to fall into  >:(

jaypo

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2021, 07:52:10 AM »

You haven't seen OH then?  ;D
Oh phwwaaaaarrrr bet he looks stunning  ;D

I think Clive is the only real thing about this programme now,he's never changed,he doesn't do social media apparently,he does come across as quite shy

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2021, 05:49:12 PM »

I’ve only watched a couple of episodes way back.
I envied their lives, but not everything is what it seems.
Not just with their lives, but with everything. 🤷🏼‍♀️

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2021, 06:43:53 PM »

No one knows what happens behind that closed front door! 

I don't envy anyone in farming.  Long, cold, lonely hours.  24/7.  No holidays - who would you trust with your stock?  Hardly any1 outside of the industry is aware of how our foods get to the table.  Vet bills, watching every penny ........ and even then, not even breaking even in some cases  :'(.  Note that in that Yorkshire programme the kids started work at a young age. partly due to a lack of child care as well as teaching as they grew up.  Nothing wrong with that if the kids are happy.  However.

Farms are dangerous work places too.  Recently a 3 year old rode his scooter into the front wheels of the tractor that his Dad was driving  :'(. how any1 gets over that I don't
know   :-\.  Kids don't see danger and are so quick ..........

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2021, 10:06:06 AM »

I’ve read in the paper today that they’re ok.
It’s all lies. And they’ve asked for some privacy.
Who knows. 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2021, 03:33:55 PM »

Do we need, should we be, bothered?  😕