Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Utgestrogen orally advice  (Read 715 times)

Clarella

Utgestrogen orally advice
« on: November 30, 2021, 12:01:49 PM »

Hello, it’s been a bit of a funny start to hrt, I put on a patch while waiting for my period to arrive as felt so unwell  (was already late!). Id intended to sync with cycle two weeks on two weeks off. I think I diverted the period completely.

so it’s well over a week late now. Gp suggested starting the utgesterone on the 1st month as originally planned. I queried what happens if period arrives, I’d been allowed to try vaginally. She said do it orally for now.

Leaflet doesn’t actually say take on empty stomach, but I believe it’s helpful to do so?

Really basic question, Can I drink a milky drink or does it have to be water only?

Ana21

Re: Utgestrogen orally advice
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2021, 05:06:05 AM »

Hi!

Utrogestan/Prometrium (micronized progesterone) should not be taken with food.  It is best taken on an empty stomach, one hour before or 2 hours after a meal.  Taking it with food increases its absorption.

Almost forgot to mention that it has a mild sedative effect and can cause drowsiness, so it's usually taken at bedtime.

For me, the sedative effect is quite strong, so it's like a sleeping pill without any grogginess in the morning.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 05:21:13 AM by Ana21 »