Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: How does HRT affect your periods?  (Read 1067 times)

CrispyChick

How does HRT affect your periods?
« on: October 25, 2021, 07:51:56 PM »

Hi

Just looking for some advice before I enter the HRT trials.

I have so many symptoms that have taken over my life, but the one thing I don't get is heavy periods. My periods have always been light but are now lighter than ever... But I have a lot of other drama along the way.  ::) I get to my period and it's like 'all that drama, for this!'

So... How does HRT affect your periods? If say, low estrogen was causing my lighter periods, could HRT make them heavier???

What's your experience on HRT with periods. Thanks

lillith112

Re: How does HRT affect your periods?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2021, 09:12:10 AM »

When I was on mx50 estrogen patches my periods were not too bad, would say normal bleed. When I increased to mx75 my bleeding now is very heavy, so yes from my experience the higher Estrogen levels, the heavier the period will be 😞

Michelle7474

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2021, 11:04:13 AM »

I usually had a normal period before HRT as in normal flow .. not light enough that you wouldn’t know but not heavy enough to leak and have accidents etc

When I started Everol Sequi 50 patch  .. my periods became very heavy but I only used for 3.5 months and ive since been told and read that after a few months these lighten up as it’s just body getting used to the added hormones

mandss

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2021, 11:59:17 AM »

My periods have always been quite heavy and very painful. My last try at HRT resulted in a trip to A&E for extreme bleeding, and needless to say I didnt stick with it for the first three months as advised. That said every one is different, and HRT can limit all the other debilitating symptoms. When I am not on HRT I do not have any periods but am not officially in t he post menopausal group as it has not yet been 12 months. My advice would be to give it a try, but be prepared for a bumpy road while your body adjusts to it. Good luck x