Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: 14 days have passed...  (Read 847 times)

aidansrest

14 days have passed...
« on: October 26, 2021, 01:50:18 PM »

Hi

I believe I may have asked this question before, but need reassurance!

After really severe VA problems and a urethral caruncle I have been using vagifem and ovestin cream nightly for 14 days.
I have had spells of this before, and then dropped down to twice a week, during which time the symptoms just flared up once more.

Should I just carry on using every night? Will it harm me?

I do feel much better, not perfect, and bladder still a little unpredictable, but so much better than it has been.
I only ask as I had an abdominal scan yesterday...haven't had results yet, but nurse did mention the presence of fibroids in my womb (I'm 58 now and havent had a period for at least 5 years), and I wondered whether they are regenerating with the use of HRT patches, vagifem and ovestin.

I just need reassuring that all will be well!!

Sue

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: 14 days have passed...
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2021, 02:18:59 PM »

Use every night if necessary.  It's early nights in treatment terms ;-).  Some manage with alternate nights.  It's Trial and Error .  Quality of Life is so important and VA can cripple daily living.  Once the results of the scan come in to your GP, U can make decisions with that info..

R U having any symptoms from the fibroids?  Hopefully someone will be along with more advice.

aidansrest

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2021, 02:52:06 PM »

Thanks for that!

The only symptoms that I can think of is a low, dull ache in my lower abdomen - I did think it was going from my bladder, but it could be from then I guess.

But that is all

Sue

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2021, 02:54:54 PM »

My GP recommended nightly use FOR LIFE however I was able to drop down to 5x a week.  Yes you can use it nightly.  Once you are feeling comfortable, you may be able to drop down to whatever works.  Keep up the vagifem and Ovestin.  Glad to hear you are doing much better.  Takes a longgggg time to work.

aidansrest

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2021, 03:35:12 PM »

Thank you so much! Phew!!

Sue

GynaikeĆ­os

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2021, 03:59:14 PM »

Do be patient and keep your treatment going  :)  :)
I felt pulling and tugging feelings up inside for weeks before VA started to settle and came back into my shape again. It needed four times a week for some weeks. Three in  others with topup of small amount on some mornings as well. Not at a year of treatment yet but the last month is much much more comfortable.

Best wishes that you know it is working before long.