Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Felt depressed on oestrogel then lost weight  (Read 1487 times)

Dada39

Felt depressed on oestrogel then lost weight
« on: October 25, 2021, 07:03:23 AM »

Hie there,. I have tested thĂ© oestrogel with 1/2 pump last month, I was feeling depressed, realy anxioux with  heart palpitations all day. Was Thinking in dark circle  zbout my past and regrets etc... Dark thouth about not waking up to end this struggle with hrt
And my hair started to shedd more again not as muh when i was on Femoston

So I stopped. In on month i lost 4 kilos, i was anxious i eaten less. Since then I have bad insomnia from 1 am with big heart palpitations and sweats. I didnt have that whzn I stopped femoston in June.  I ,was feeli'g better off hrt n june july and August and my hair started to grow back.

I am wondering if this insomnia and heart pumping hard and  sweat are because i lost my belly fat so no more hormones (i am post menaupose chirurgical)

I cannot fonction like this,  i tried sleepi'g peels but I don't want to be addictive. I am loosing my life. No energy. I am hopeless that 8 would find n hrt

I regrette having taking oestrogen and not stopping when I started feeli'g depressed and crying to my friends and partner. It was not normal.
Thank you.

CherrySG

Re: Felt depressed on oestrogel then lost weight
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2021, 07:13:04 AM »

I'm so sorry to hear that you have had such an awful time of it.

I became very low in mood on oestradiol also, and it caused me to lose lots of hair. It's weird because most people have the opposite - shiny, bouncy hair and feel great.

I sailed through until 56 with no menopause symptoms. Then I went on a diet and lost 10lbs, boom! vaginal atrophy. So I took local oestrogen but didn't seem to be enough, so added HRT.

Sems to have messed us both up, doesn't it, but hopefully in time we'll recover 🤞

CherrySG

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2021, 07:14:23 AM »

By the way, melatonin can help with sleep, you can buy it online.

Dada39

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2021, 09:12:57 AM »

Hi Sherry, thanks for the message. That's exaclty, it messed up both of us. A lot of women feel great on it.

I try to gain weight again maybe this new symptom of insomnia and palpitations will go away?  I cannot live like this without sleeping.

I am mad about my self for having testing oestrogel for 3 weeks. I should have stop after week 1 when I was tearful.
Please tell me it will get better? I am Desperate. I spend the weekend ver my best  friend and couldnt sleep so I cryied in her Arms at 8 am.

CherrySG

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2021, 10:49:43 AM »

Oh no, I am so sorry! I think it takes a while firstly to get out of the system, and then later for the body to adjust.

I kept wanting to cry when out in public spaces, or listening to music. It's wearing off now, but still happens now and then. I'd suffered from anxiety but never felt depressed like that before. The depression feeling in gone - but the usual undercurrents of anxiety that I've always had are back, but that's normal for me.

It's not stupid to try HRT, why wouldn't you try it, especially if you've had a surgical menopause. If it is, then I'm stupider, since I kept on with it for 18 months despite obvious problems.  ;D

At least our hair grew back!

Dada39

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2021, 11:47:46 AM »

Thank you sherry. iI was exausted Yesterday from lack of sleep.
I wanted to cry all the time i think because the dose was low but if Increased more shedding. But this new insomni  appeared two weeks after stopping hrt and i connected the dot just recently with my weight loss as our own tissue makes oestrogen also.

I don't know if it will settle. I am 39yo. I cannot live like this. Nobody should live like this.

CherrySG

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2021, 12:16:27 PM »

I'm guessing you've seen a doctor? Did they have anything helpful to say?

By the way, for the anxiety, there's a supplement called phosphatydylserine. I take it occasionally. It lowers cortisol, which as you may already know, is the body's stress hormone. I took some today as my anxiety has started up again. It's pretty harmless.

Dada39

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2021, 08:01:12 PM »

Hi Cherry, I didin't know this supplément. I will look at this closely.
And, did you hair grow back after stopping oestrogel ?
Cheers

CherrySG

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2021, 01:48:03 PM »

Phosphatydylserine is apparently something we have naturally in the body, but I guess not enough to suppress the anxiety for all of us. Jarrow brand is good!

My hair's grown back somewhat, but there's a large thin patch behind my right ear. At least it doesn't feel like a scrubbing brush anymore. It hasn't actually looked pretty since the HRT, though I've kind of got used to it.  :(