Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Utrogestron vaginally  (Read 664 times)

Flan747

Utrogestron vaginally
« on: October 25, 2021, 05:34:59 AM »

I currently take 100mg Utrogestron nightly and whilst it literally knocks me out, I have disturbed restless sleep and feel lethargic in the mornings! I was going to try it vaginally! Has anyone for any positive stories and also do I take it alternate nights?

Gilla999

Re: Utrogestron vaginally
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2021, 05:49:45 AM »

Hi Flan - I have always used 100mg vaginally (sequentially, 12 days a month) and never had any issues, though everyone's response is different. The only annoyance for me with it (sorry to be graphic) is that as it dissolves I do "feel" it during the night - feels a bit like having a lot of discharge, but it's the Utro. No matter how high I whack it! But it's a minor annoyance. I feel no side effects at all in terms of tiredness etc.

Another option is to use it rectally like a pessary if you can't get on with it vaginally. Not a lot of people do this but it is another option I haven't yet tried.

There's no way I could take it orally - even 100mg orally leaves me like a zombie car crash the next day!

Flan747

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2021, 06:58:08 AM »

Thank you! I’m going to definitely try it tonight! I do feel like a zombie most days and always have put it done to low estrogen! Already on 6 pumps so didn’t really want to increase! My worry obviously is trying to get to sleep but it’s worth a go!

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2021, 11:03:15 AM »

You might consider trying a sequi regime and see if you are better on the oestrogen only phase. I use utrogeston vaginally, it doesn't improve sleep at night but I'm wiped out during the day, it's why I stick to a sequential regime. Your problem may be the utrogeston rather than low oestrogen.
I would do some research before using it rectally, as far as I'm aware there have been no studies showing how much of it gets to the uterus (though I may be wrong).

Flan747

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2021, 11:09:09 AM »

That’s a good idea Sheila I may try that for a few months! I wouldn’t even consider the other way to be honest ! Thank you!

VictoryV

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2021, 11:30:12 AM »

I’m trying vaginally next cycle; I’m on day 10 of Utrogestan 200mg orally. Last night, in bed, I managed to devour 12 crackers, an avocado and half a pineapple with no recollection until I walked into the kitchen this morning  :o
Utrogestan makes me hungry and forgetful.

Edit: oh and a slab of cheese.  :(

Gilla999

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2021, 04:36:17 PM »

Hi Sheila - the study I read said that Utrogestan absorbed anywhere on the rectal or vaginal area shows a preference for endometrial uptake. That was how it was worded anyway! But good to consult a doctor first definitely, as it's a less common route it would seem.