Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Perimenopause - Very heavy periods when do i worry?  (Read 14201 times)

Armadillo

Re: Perimenopause - Very heavy periods when do i worry?
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2021, 07:19:04 AM »

Good Morning CLKD

Thanks for checking in.  Sorry for late reply had a flare with other health stuff so out of action for a while.. always a bit more wonky than my usual wonky after a period but with the extra this time it added a cherry on top.

Yes I have a complicated standing up routine.. slowly raise myself on pillows, feet on floor, grab rails and then the final gymnastic leap to my feet ;-)

Update
phoned doctors monday got an appointment for next Monday with my GP who knows all the history and has seen me through the last 8 years.. so much easier with someone who knows me when i have so much going on. Decided to wait as things seemed to be slowing off

Then flooded monday Afternoon and everything crashed in.. phoned asking to speak to someone expectng one of the nurses but my GP was the on call dr.  So he is on the case.

Gynae has been emailed at hospital.. he's on holiday at moment so waiting, GP sent messages yesterday including at 8.30 via some GP text system I've not seen before and will ring Friday Afternoon. 

My cycle is really doing its own thing.. stopping for almost a day then ta-da its back again..

feeling quite light headed and dizzy but havet been drinking or eating properly as PA/carer has had holiday leave and we cant manage properly for long without my team.

So now it is watch and wait...

Thank you so much for giving me space to ramble on .. i needed to feel heard and reassured . 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2021, 07:42:04 AM »

I bet your miss your regular carer!  Could you manage vacuum flasks - which would keep food/drink hot/cold?  Or ready made drinks like the cyclists use, no need to undo as they are provided with a 'straw'.  Then of course you need the loo  ::).  There are protein bars too ...........

Good that your GP is on the case  :medal: and well done for persevering.   Who advocates for you?

Armadillo

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2021, 11:01:44 AM »

I have three amazing carers and make sure I tell them that. I had a good cry on Monday with one of my team.. she's been with us for 7 years and feels more like a friend who we pay now..  it helped to talk to someone in person too.. sometimes i just need to know its ok to contact Dr's .. as my daily health is the level that most people would be seeking help/AandE if it just started.. so i need a reality check and as she said kick to ring at times.

I go through stages were drinking is really difficult ... havent worked out why.. but it jsut doesnt happen.  I am pretty much force fed drinks  most mornings and prompted when in this stage.. it makes no sense. 

Sadly no advocate in this area, no benefits advisors either and no social worker.. given a care budget and discharged. just not the people.

My husband is down on my records to talk to my Doctors if i cant .. i can put up a good fight for others when well enough but tend to give in if its me..so much of being long term ill is paperwork with health, social care and benefits.  Quite isolated as friends tend to be online and from poorly community too... but its not all gloom.. it just feels it at the moment.

I am hoping gp and gynae come up with some options.. Gynae and his secretary talk to my husband or I so feels like a team trying to sort the problem.

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2021, 11:17:33 AM »

It's great 2 feel supported. 

A Good Cry does us good, if Nature hadn't intended us to shed tears, she wouldn't have given us feelings ;-)

Don't worry about drinking per se: ice cream, lollies, soups, all add to the amount of liquids going through the system.  Sometimes I feel so bloated that drinking is hard work, especially by evening. 

Armadillo

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2021, 08:06:17 AM »

Thank you..

I think my mental health is taking quite a battering too.

Still having unsettled dreams.. sadly blood is a ptsd trigger ..and waking when husband gets up to use loo in night with a scream.. i dont usually stir ..but last couple of weeks i have screamed or startled most nights.. sigh.

GP phoned he wants to wait for my gynae at hospital to come back from holiday rather than starting again.. i agree and know GP and gynae work well together.

But honestly very lost.. mental health being hammered.  Nationally country is struggling to recruit carers and my team are marvellous but not all shifts covered.. so managing my normal wonky health is challege enough without this.

I feel angry that my body cant tolerate the mirena, the implant, even normal blooming HRT progesterone...

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2021, 08:42:40 AM »

Sometimes we need to be angry at something or someone!

As for waking suddenly, DH mutters 'off to the loo' B4 he gets out of bed, then sits with legs over - advised for all men in the early hours! - by the time he's back, I am usually back to sleep.

tootsieroll

• First Flush
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2023, 01:01:53 PM »

Oh dear, I am in the same boar, was this resolved? My heart goes out to you.  I am certain this is either high prolactin or estrogen dominance.  You were probably continuously pushing estrogen out of your tissues.  It might have helped if you stuck to a high dose of USP progesterone.  It would have thinned the uterine lining.  I hope all is well now.

Armadillo

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2023, 02:52:30 PM »

Hello Tootsieroll

Firstly I am sorry all this sounds so familiar to  you.  Its bloomig awful to go through.

This thread was a coupe of years ago and a lot went on in between but for me yes it was resolved  but it was a bumpy pathway.. however I am out the otherside just without uterus, ovaries or fallopian tubes.

Tuns out I was severely progesterone intolerant.. any form and we tried many.. it explains a lot of the problems i have had since my periods started.  But perimenopause without estrogen was not tolerable in anyway.

We ran out of options.. i ended up on unoposed estrogen (no progesterone) until a hysterectomy.. that meant that for a log while i didnt bleed but the uterus lining thickened a lot, yes there was a risk of sinister things.  But it came down to managing at the time not the 'what if x happens'.  I had some spotting and passed some palm sized clots in the last few weeks.  They moved me up the list and in July I had a hysterectomy, ovaries and tubes out.  Hystology said all was fine but uterus was enlarged and a bit of a faff to get out.

Its been fantastic.. the fear of periods ruling my life a sthey have since i was a kid is gone.  Today with my PA/Carer we tracled down all the sanitary pads, period pants, and cloth pads hidden in all my bags and have thrown them out.. (dont worry the single use ones will go to towns foodbank) . 

The horrible perimenopause is over.. hurrah
Pages: 1 [2]