Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Hot flushes after increasing HRT patch dosage  (Read 1385 times)

abovebelowh2o

• First Flush
Hot flushes after increasing HRT patch dosage
« on: October 19, 2021, 09:54:56 AM »

Hi, just asking the collective if anyone has seen the return of hot flushes and night sweats after increasing their HRT patches. (I have a mirena coil too), for the last 3 months I was on the 50 estradiol patches which had a huge impact on my hot flushes and night sweats, but I was still struggling with sleep issues and a whole collection of muscular problems so asked the doc if we could try an increased dosage - so she put me up to 75 a week ago - the hot flushes and night sweats are back! Any thoughts/advice - so many thanks in advance. Melanie.

Paz23

Re: Hot flushes after increasing HRT patch dosage
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2021, 10:21:09 AM »

They might just be part & parcel of increased meno symptoms, with your muscle aches & rubbish sleep, that haven’t settled back down yet. (They say it can take up to 3 months for a new dose to properly notice a difference.) Rather than the HRT causing it.
Just an idea - I could also be wrong.

Ana21

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2021, 05:14:08 PM »

Give it some time.  I've read that, although estrogen levels are elevated within 24 hrs of starting a new regimen, it typically takes at least 6 weeks to see significant improvement in hot flushes.  It's not only our estrogen level that matters.  Our thermoregulatory system relies on various hormones and neurotransmitters.  That's why antidepressants can be effective in controlling vasomotor symptoms.  Hot flushes involve many of the same neurotransmitters as depression.  You'll be better able to assess in 3 months.  Hope you're feeling better soon!

Gnatty

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2021, 05:59:57 PM »

Also, I believe hot flushes can be caused by fluctuating hormones in other words by rising as well as falling levels. Once your body adjusts to the increase it should sort itself out.

abovebelowh2o

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2021, 08:06:10 AM »

My sincere thanks for all the replies. You guys are awesome. xx