Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Weight gain on Evorel patches  (Read 6589 times)

ClaireSAS47

• First Flush
Weight gain on Evorel patches
« on: October 21, 2021, 09:06:10 PM »

Hi,

I’m new to this site and wondered if anyone put weight on when starting on Evorel patches?
I’m 47 and started patches in April but it’s taken until 5-6 weeks ago to find the right patch (Evorel 50). I haven’t put weight on in 7 years and was a size 10 but the weight started creeping on as soon as I started the patches and very recently, the rate at which it has went on has been astronomical. I’ve put 1st 5lbs on and nothing in my wardrobe fits. It’s really getting me down and I’m planning to reduce the patches to half tomorrow to come off them. I’m so bloated on them and teary. I’m aware it can take up to 3 months to feel the full benefits of the patches but the weight gain is making me miserable and I want to reset my body and see how I cope without hormones. I have had the mirena coil for 2 yrs with no issues. Anyone else had a similar experience? Claire

Flossieteacake

Re: Weight gain on Evorel patches
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2021, 11:40:44 AM »

Hello Claire. I am sorry to hear of your experience. I too put on weight on evorel. I put on a lot of weight on my breasts too and went from 34E to 36GG. I found it took me a few months for the low mood and sadness to lighten. I do understand not everybody would want to wait that long.

Gilla999

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2021, 04:33:56 PM »

Just to say I also had the same experience - not on Evorel, on Lenzetto - but the weight gain was immediate and rapid (1 stone in about 4 weeks). My estrogen is too high so i'm currently reducing my dose slowly, but as yet to see any weight loss. A lot of women don't experience this, it seems to just be an unlucky few!

NicolaJ

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2021, 08:44:35 PM »

I came off Evorel sequi for this exact reason and lost half a stone in 7 days. Sounds unbelievable but absolutely true! I could not stop the weight gain and like you, the bloating was just awful. I’m now going without HRT as I just can’t find anything that suits me without the weight gain and bloating. I’m actually finding I’m ok, hot flushes have settled, anxiety tough but better than dealing with uncontrollable weight gain. Oh and I taught myself to run! Best thing I ever did

ClaireSAS47

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2021, 12:21:10 PM »

Thank you for your replies. It’s good to know others have had the same experience despite what all the literature and my nurse says about HRT not causing weight gain. I’ve cut the patches in half to wean off them for 2 weeks and will see how I cope off them. Feeling slightly anxious (I don’t suffer from anxiety) and insecure about my relationship (my bf is amazing and I have no reason to feel insecure) but hoping they pass. Will keep you posted on my progress xx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2021, 01:43:20 PM »

Thank you for your replies. It’s good to know others have had the same experience despite what all the literature and my nurse says about HRT not causing weight gain. I’ve cut the patches in half to wean off them for 2 weeks and will see how I cope off them. Feeling slightly anxious (I don’t suffer from anxiety) and insecure about my relationship (my bf is amazing and I have no reason to feel insecure) but hoping they pass. Will keep you posted on my progress xx

I am sorry to hear you have had such a bad experience. It is so frustrating to be told HRT does not cause weight gain when it has. I really hope your anxiety goes away once you are fully off the patches.