Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Cost of travelling  (Read 1600 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Cost of travelling
« on: March 11, 2022, 01:28:42 PM »

We paid £1.75 yesterday so have decided to keep our vehicles topped up. 

I think that Saudi have released some crude oil onto the market but I doubt whether pump prices will go down anytime soon.  Apparently the RAC keeps an eye on prices across the year which makes interesting reading when they release an article.

We try to do several 'chores' when out and about in town, saving both time and energy.  I suspect that Councils will either stop regular bin collections or spread them out from alternate weeks to monthly. 

Minusminnie

Re: Cost of travelling
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2022, 12:10:44 PM »

Quote from Trigger on Fools and Horses.  "Fuel prices don't affect me. I always put £20s worth in".

CLKD

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2022, 05:54:27 PM »

;D. I'd forgotten that.

C.C.

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2022, 06:23:02 PM »

We are feeling the price hikes here too.  Earlier this week gas was up to $1.91 per litre...insane!  ::)  It has bounced back a bit to $1.75 per litre today but that's still way too high. >:(

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2022, 06:24:27 PM »

If everyone stopped travelling the price would have to drop.  I can't see that happening. However, when we had a 50mph speed limit years ago, it helped. 

The highest I've heard this weekend is £1.90.

Limpy

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2022, 08:20:35 PM »

We paid £1.75 yesterday so have decided to keep our vehicles topped up. 

I think that Saudi have released some crude oil onto the market but I doubt whether pump prices will go down anytime soon.  Apparently the RAC keeps an eye on prices across the year which makes interesting reading when they release an article.

We try to do several 'chores' when out and about in town, saving both time and energy.  I suspect that Councils will either stop regular bin collections or spread them out from alternate weeks to monthly.

In North Wales the big (wheelie) bins are only emptied once every four weeks. Recycling and food waste is collected every week.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2022, 09:02:24 PM »

What goes into the 'big bins' ?   We have black for landfill; green for composting for which a charge is being asked of £42 per annum; as well as blue (free) recycling. 

Limpy

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2022, 10:30:35 AM »

What goes into the 'big bins' ?   We have black for landfill; green for composting for which a charge is being asked of £42 per annum; as well as blue (free) recycling.

Black bins are for stuff that can't be recycled. Landfill covers it well.

littleminnie

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2022, 11:39:18 AM »

We have 4 bins.  Black, blue, green and brown.