Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Evorel sequi no bleed  (Read 647 times)

Annabanana

• First Flush
Evorel sequi no bleed
« on: October 20, 2021, 06:21:45 PM »

Hi, I'm wondering if any one can help please. I have been on this patch for over a year and I'm 52. At first I had a monthly bleed but for the past 8 months I have had no withdrawal bleed  the nurse at the gp said this is normal as I'm probably past the age of a withdrawal bleed but I was under the impression I would still get one. I just don't know if this is something I should be worried about? Any advice would be great.
Many thanks in advance  :-*

Taz2

Re: Evorel sequi no bleed
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2021, 08:20:07 PM »

As it's a sequential HRT then usually you would get a withdrawal bleed each month when you stop the conti patch. You don't get 'past the age' as you are putting oestrogen and progesterone into your body then withdrawing the progesterone. Some women don't experience a withdrawal bleed and they are usually referred for an ultrasound every now and again to check that the womb lining isn't too thick. It's important to keep the womb lining thin to guard against endometrial cancer. I'd ask to be referred for a scan.

You are getting to the age where you can change to a conti HRT with no withdrawal bleed and it would be good to know that your lining is the right thickness before you do change regime if you want to.

Taz  :)