Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Why Does this Happen?  (Read 914 times)

aidansrest

Why Does this Happen?
« on: October 20, 2021, 02:14:02 PM »

Hi

Thoroughly disappointed with myself! :'(
I have been plagued with severe menopausal symptoms for months now - very dry, sore (urethral caruncle) and bladder irritated, and feeling very bloated.

However, in the last few weeks, with the help of vagifem and ovestin, as well as vaginal moisturisers and Hydromol (bath and shower) and Epaderm cream for use after washing, I have started to feel the benefits.
Much less sore, a little less dry, no bloating and, more importantly, my bladder had completely settled down - hurrah!!

I've got up this morning, after doing nothing different with my regime, and I'm sore, bloated and wanting a wee constantly.
What has gone wrong??
Feel totally deflated!

Sue  :'( :'(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Why Does this Happen?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2021, 02:34:38 PM »

It's hormones.  Take some pain relief: I use 'nurofen' 2 capsules 3 times a day when I get the need to pee.  It eases that ouch when the spincter shuts off the urine flow.

If necessary put a 'vagifem' up this afternoon and another this evening.  Add a little more moisturiser: which 1 are U using?  It can take a while to settle. 

aidansrest

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2021, 02:41:50 PM »

I'm using Epaderm on the outside and I was using Yes VM inside, but I had a bad reaction to that.

I have naturally dry skin, I have to use Diprobase on my skin, as I suffer from psoriasis so got to be so careful about what I use.
Don't know whether I'm just using too many products down below - vagifem, ovestin, epaderm and washing in hydromol.

Will this last??? Or is it just a blimp?

Sue  :'( :'(

Using vagifem internally and ovestin externally one night, followed by ovestin internally and externally the other - is this OK?

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2021, 03:18:36 PM »

The answer is YES. If this schedule works for you, keep it up.   It takes a very long time for local estrogen treatment to work.  You may want to use Vagifem and Ovestin daily until you have at least 2 weeks relief.  It's such a land mine and what works for one may not work for another.  I cannot stress enough BE PATIENT.  I occasionally  have to do a 2 week reload when things start acting up.  Bottom line:  whatever works.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2021, 03:40:05 PM »

It's a blip which can be painful and annoying. 

aidansrest

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2021, 03:45:08 PM »

Thankyou!

I was feeling so positive, as its been around 5 days since I've had any major symptoms, so feeling very downcast about it now as I thought I had turned a corner.

I'm having an abdominal scan next Monday (due to the bloating and stomach pain), and have had various tests for every sexual disease I've ever heard of, water infections, ovarian cancer, kidney function, liver function and blood infection markers (white blood cells), all have been perfectly normal.

I'm due a telephone appointment with urologist on 22nd November - so will have had a full MOT, but I can't stress enough, (and I know all you ladies will have gone through this too), how frustrating these symptoms are  >:( >:(

Sue x