Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Hi there  (Read 952 times)

Pixiepirelli

• First Flush
Hi there
« on: October 18, 2021, 08:39:29 PM »

I am 58 and recently started taking HRT for mainly night sweats, hot flushes and aching joints. I was prescribed Evorel Conti which lessened the hot flushes and aching joints but did nothing for the night sweats.
My GP then prescribed me Femseven Conti which is great in terms of stickability, only have to change patch once a week, alleviating symptoms but I am bleeding for 3-4 days on week one and week 3 plus have noticed general gut disturbances since starting this.
My question is what else is there to try is the oestrogen gel and progesterone tablet a good option or what would you suggest?

Taz2

Re: Hi there
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2021, 09:02:04 PM »

Hi Pixiepirelli. Conti HRT can cause random bleeding during the first six months and it should then stop. How long have you been on FemSeven? It's advised to try each HRT for three months to see if it suits you as side effects usually settle down by the end of the three months (apart from any breakthrough bleeding of course).

I've always been on patch HRT so can't advise on other types but I'm sure someone else will give advice soon.  :welcomemm:

Pixiepirelli

• First Flush
Re: Hi there
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2021, 09:52:46 PM »

Thanks for your response 3 months on Evorel and 3 months on Femseven so I might stick with the latter until the 6 months mark