Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Loss of ‘feeling!  (Read 956 times)

Sleepy123

Loss of ‘feeling!
« on: October 18, 2021, 12:20:15 PM »

So, I was watching coleen Nolan on tv this morning and she was talking about menopause and ‘having a new lease of life being single’.

I really wish I could be as optimistic as coleen, but I can completely relate to the feelings of ‘loss’

Just loss of sex life, loss of feeling happy and positive, and just a general feeling of loss which I can’t explain.

After years of being single, a new relationship didn’t last very long, partly due to being incompatible, but partly because I couldn’t see the point of being in a relationship as I couldn’t ‘feel’ anything, sexually or emotionally. This feeling is starting to make me feel like ‘what’s the point’.

I’ve tried various estrogen patches/gels etc.. but I’ve decided I’m better off not using them, and I’m a bit reluctant to pay for testosterone. I’m fed up of the merry-go-round of ‘hrt, stopping, try something else, give up, etc’

Sorry if I’m waffling! I’m not depressed and I’m generally quite happy with other areas of my life, but this feeling of ‘feeling nothing’ is starting to get me down.

Has anyone else experienced this? And what did you do about it?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Loss of ‘feeling!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2021, 02:58:52 PM »

It is unlikely that U will get testosterone unless U are on other HRT, there's not much point really. 

Do U have hobbies?  Do U watch TV?  No one else is there to make us happy although sharing issues etc. helps to make the day go by easier. 

If you liked the person you would feel automatically.  MayB you were trying too hard or simply, not interested ;-).  What were you searching 4?

How long have you tried an HRT regime for, some take 4-6 months B4 the body begins to feel better.  We don't get where we are suddenly unless there has been surgical intervention.  Depression isn't simply in the head space, it can affect the whole body.  A feeling of general lowness, lack of interest, get-up-and-go has got-up-and gone .........

We are allowed 1 wallow a week ;-).  How is your diet overall?  Do U feel low B4 or after eating?

NickyLD

Re: Loss of ‘feeling!
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2021, 06:21:28 PM »

I have this too and have just posted. I’m not depressed either although you’d think so from my lack of mojo… no advice but didn’t want to ignore you with similar issues and looking for advice Nicky