Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: New Member  (Read 1422 times)

Julespat

• First Flush
« on: October 22, 2021, 08:59:59 PM »

New on here.  Been told recently that I am postmenopausal have to say not had many symptoms apart from a few hot flushes. Had merina coil fitted 6 years ago, this was removed a couple of weeks ago. Recently been having stomach issues. Feeling of bloating and tightness in lower abdomen. Was given antibiotics which eased it slightly. Feels like pins and needles.  Drs don't seem to be overly concern.  All bloods have come back normal so has my ultrasound scan. Also feel nauseaous. Just wondering if anyone has had anything similar :'(

Dotty

Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2021, 07:12:03 AM »

Hi and welcome to the forum. You’ll find lots of info on here and lots of helpful ladies.

Can you tell us how old you are ? This will help with any advice.

Post menopause is 12 months after your last period, so that will be hard for you to say as you have had the Mirena Coil fitted.

Nausea was one of my worst menopausal symptoms. x
« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 07:13:35 AM by Dotty »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2021, 07:55:06 AM »

:welcomemm:  your symptoms may be due to the removal of the coil.

Some ladies find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary to chart feelings.  Something to talk to your GP about.

Browse round.  Do read the 'bladder issues' and 'vaginal atrophy' threads: 4warned is 4armed.

Julespat

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2021, 10:26:02 AM »

Hi Dotty

Thank you for your post.  I am 55.  Coil was fitted due to heavy painful periods. I didn't realise that nausea was a symptom. The whole thing came on suddenly at the end of August. Had strange fluttering sensation in lower right abdomen. The pain is something so bad that painkillers don't touch it. I am hoping it is all to do with hormones x

Julespat

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2021, 10:32:52 AM »

Hi CLKD
Thank you for reading my post. The issues started prior to the coil being removed. I thought that it was causing the issues.  I will have a browse around  and as you say keep a diary. Have call from Dr this week.

VictoryV

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2021, 10:42:12 AM »

Hi and Welcome Jules,
Sorry to hear you’re feeling lousy. This was all very sudden for me too; went to bed as usual and woke up with full on anxiety, hot flushes, frequent peeing and brain fog/confusion.
It’s good that your tests results are normal. Hang in there.
Victoria.x

Dotty

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2021, 11:49:54 AM »

Hi a lot of doctors don't know or won't admit that nausea is a symptom of low oestrogen.  I suffered terribly....constant nausea for weeks. it went once i got on the right dose of HRT. x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2021, 12:33:47 PM »

If the coil had been in for several years effect would have dropped gradually, mayB causing your symptoms.  I would feel queasy during my cycle but can't remember when now.

Julespat

• First Flush
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2021, 12:36:30 PM »

Hi VictoryV
It's weird how we can be fine one minute then struggling the next

Julespat

• First Flush
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2021, 01:30:32 PM »

Hi Dotty
I have been thinking that there is something seriously wrong.  Glad I am not alone with this feeling. Going to speak to Dr to see if I can go on HRT. Muscles are also aching could fall asleep at any time x