Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: mirena appetite increase?  (Read 1271 times)

carlip2913

• First Flush
mirena appetite increase?
« on: October 17, 2021, 11:30:52 AM »

Hello I've had a mirena in for a year now and hoped this would settle but I am still finding my appetite is bigger, I am recovered from an eating disorder so keep a close eye on these things so its obvious to me that this is not about anything I'm doing. It is soul destroying having to fight the urges all the time. It wouldn't work for me to eat low calorie things at these things because that could trigger the urge to binge so please don't suggest that. I'm looking for any experiences others have had that are similar and any solutions you've come up with. I would get it taken out but I've tried other forms of progresterone including utrogestan orally and vaginally and it affected my mood, so it feels like a catch 22 situation. I use estrogel for my oestrogen levels and am on testosterone, the proper level of that is still being worked out.

Thanks so much in advance , Caroline

VictoryV

Re: mirena appetite increase?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 06:32:58 PM »

Hi Caroline, I’ve not got a Mirena but I crave sugary food when on Progesterone days. It’s tough! I don’t want to put weight on so I eat a lot of fruit and keep active. I can’t have packets of biscuits around or god forbid a biscuit tin as I’d eat the lot!
I do go through a lot of ynatural full fat yogurt which in my head is better than a family pack of Mars bars.
Sorry not very helpful but I do relate to what you’re feeling.
Victoria.☀️X

Perinowpost

Re: mirena appetite increase?
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2021, 06:28:48 AM »

Yes that was my experience on the mirena too, I blew up immediately and despite ignoring the constant hunger urges put weight on regardless. Like you say it is soul destroying. For what it’s worth I blow up if I take any sort of progesterone.

I have no solutions unfortunately, except to say it did resolve when I had the mirena removed x