Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New to Forum and want hrt advice never felt good on it  (Read 3270 times)

Amazing grace

Re: New to Forum and want hrt advice never felt good on it
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2021, 11:25:05 AM »

Hi if you can afford it medichecks do online testing- I think you can get a voucher code  /discount if you google - or wait as they have special offers - Thyroid tuesday I think.

All above board - doctors use them . You can get estrogen readings also - I  do once a year as a reference point.

PMXX
thank you for the suggestion of using medichecks for a blood test, im going to do that because i do think because of my being unable to get settled on hrt is in part to my constant thinking im too high or too low as ive read symptoms are similar its all so confusing ,if i could get a rough idea of my levels i think i could stop over thinking it,thank you so much ,i have literally no one to talk too,all the women i know have had no issues with menopause and they are older than me,they also seem to be anti hrt, im very grateful for your help and advice.

Amazing grace

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2021, 11:34:22 AM »

jasmine20, could i just ask what vsculpt pelvic floor device is, is it same as kegals device, im willing to try anything for va out of all the horrible menopause symptoms i find this the most distressing ive only had it since may and its all i focus on when the burning and bladder pressure kicks off, i actually had no idea such a thing could happen ,i dont have any dryness internally just outside which makes my bladder very irritated.

Amazing grace

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2021, 11:59:56 AM »

floo36, im sorry you are struggling with hrt too, it can be a nightmare finding that right balance, i dont know where i am in the menopause as i had a hysterectomy but still have ovaries , so im going to do what pepperminty advised to do and get a blood test through medichecks just to see if im in a reasonable range with estrogen levels, my gp says i do need to be on the higher levels of hrt due to my age,but when i try the side effects get to much and i go back to the medium dose of 50 patch or 2 pumps of gel, guess im just going to have to build up to it and not having enough estrogen is harmful, as my mother has osteoporosis due to never using any hrt,she seemed to sale through menopause well she appeared too never complained and i dont recall her ever struggling but a fall 4 years ago broke her arm badly a dexa scan then revealed she had osteoporosis she was only 65 at the time,so i defiantly dont want to risk developing that, i hope you get the hrt you need and get some relief, best wishes to you and thanks for responding to my post.

Floo36

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2021, 12:26:06 PM »

Amazing grace, blood tests may not help, they didn’t me.  If you are still peri then the blood tests may not be accurate, I have wild estrogen fluctuations which some Doctors will then say that your Estrogen is too high and think you are absorbing the HRT but yet you are still very poorly.  You may do 30 blood tests and still not get an accurate one, thankfully the eighth one was low but that was lucky because of fluctuations and the Doctors keep insisting on blood tests, post menopause they would be more helpful.

I have also thought that the HRT was giving me side effects when in fact it was low Estrogen symptoms.  Unfortunately it’s not easy for some of us. 

Jasmine20

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2021, 09:10:40 PM »

Amazing grace

The vSculpt is a medical device (you can purchase it VAT free online) which uses red light and infrared to treat bladder leakage, vaginal dryness and 'sexual function issues' - I think that's loss of sensitivity. It also uses vibration to tone up the pelvic floor which is more like the kegel-type devices.

I've not tried it and there are other devices like the Vivify and the Silk'n'Tightra (where do they find these names?!!). The latter uses radio frequency instead of light therapy.

None are cheap but they're more affordable than the Mona Lisa Touch and other professional laser treatments. I'm a bit of an anomaly and even if I had the £££, I'd worry that the clinic-based treatments would be too harsh for me.
Pages: 1 [2]