Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Evorel conti what to do??  (Read 1110 times)

Passmethetissues

• First Flush
Evorel conti what to do??
« on: October 15, 2021, 07:35:43 PM »

Hello. I’m new.
So last month I rang the GP as I’ve been having bouts of being really emotional for a couple days every month and after month 3, realised they were on the same or close to the same date every month. Back story. I’m 50 periods are becoming a irregular my knees hurts. I have trouble sleeping. Or staying asleep but also am 3 months into a break up was together 13 years. So still hurting from that. So don’t know if the emotional breakdowns were due to that or peri. I am currently 5 days late and tues and wed evenings had an emotional half hour. Which considering the previous ones were over the whole day looked on it like an improvement lol. So rang the gp told him about the emotional outbursts. How I’m not happy how I can’t sleep. I don’t have any hot flushes or night sweats. Some headaches or boob ache. Can be moody or down. He has prescribed me Evorel Conti little pink box 8 patches he said it’s the lowest dose. No family history issues. Trouble is. Do I start to use them. Had the box two weeks. I don’t know if it’s peri or I’m just completely messed up in my head over the break up still.
Can someone help me?

Taz2

Re: Evorel conti what to do??
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2021, 08:28:49 PM »

Hi Passmethetissues. You've come to the right place for advice and support.

Firstly I think your doctor has prescribed the wrong type of HRT for you as Evorel Conti is for post menopausal women which means you have to have had a year without a natural period. This happens from time to time if a GP is not that confident in prescribing HRT. I feel you should ask to be given Evorel Sequi which will usually give you a monthly bleed and protect your womb lining.

Other than that I would say give it a go once you get your new patches. It can take up to three months to find out whether a particular hrt is right for you so it's worth persevering. If after this time it's not suiting you then there are others to try.

Sorry to hear about your break up. Difficult times for you

Taz  :welcomemm:

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2021, 08:41:25 PM »

I was also prescribed evorel conti in peri. If you read the PIL it tells you it's for women who are post meno. I rang the doctors and the they changed it to evorel sequi. Your symptoms sound like peri to me, many people (me included) have many symptoms but no hot flushes.

Passmethetissues

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2021, 01:50:05 PM »

Hi Passmethetissues. You've come to the right place for advice and support.

Firstly I think your doctor has prescribed the wrong type of HRT for you as Evorel Conti is for post menopausal women which means you have to have had a year without a natural period. This happens from time to time if a GP is not that confident in prescribing HRT. I feel you should ask to be given Evorel Sequi which will usually give you a monthly bleed and protect your womb lining.

Other than that I would say give it a go once you get your new patches. It can take up to three months to find out whether a particular hrt is right for you so it's worth persevering. If after this time it's not suiting you then there are others to try.

Sorry to hear about your break up. Difficult times for you

Taz  :welcomemm:

Thanks for the advice

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2021, 04:20:00 PM »

You're more than welcome  :)