Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Trying to get Lenzetto dose right help/advice  (Read 1689 times)

Pippa52

Trying to get Lenzetto dose right help/advice
« on: October 11, 2021, 10:03:58 AM »

Hi - can any of you lovely ladies help. I was swopped onto Lenzetto from Oestrogel 3 months ago.  I have been struggling to get the dose right.  I was prescribed one spray for a week then up to 2.  2 sprays had me totally on the ceiling couldn't sleep high anxiety, palpitations, and felt so twitchy and hyper so slowly cut down the dose by taping over some of the Lenzetto. In the end got down to one and last Friday had a follow consult with meno consultant who told me to get up to 2 as my oestrogen levels very low (98).  Tried to go up on the dose again slowly and yesterday was totally wiped out NO energy total fatigue, headache, acute anxiety dizziness, nausea and today is even worse.  Losing the will to live (joking) I need to get this right we are moving house soon and as I am right now I couldn't even pack one packing case let alone a house full.  Any help or personal experience of this would be so helpful I feel l like I am fighting a losing battle right now. One spray gave me zillions of hot flushes and also fatigue so clearly not enough.   Thanks so much

Gilla999

Re: Trying to get Lenzetto dose right help/advice
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2021, 03:23:21 PM »

Hey Pippa - was about to say hope you're well, but it doesn't sound like it  :-\

One thought springs to mind... have you read much into the histamine element of Estrogen? I only ask because while I don't suffer with it myself I have met several people who do. Like you, they clearly need estrogen but struggle to metabolise it and so are extremely sensitive to it and have all sorts of histamine type symptoms as you describe when it's too high or when they add it in. It might be something worth researching - I think there are a few anti histamine type things you can try, if it turns out to be the case. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable on the subject might come along and help. Have you ever tested how you metabolise estrogen? It would be one way to tell if you do suffer from this.

Or, could you try tapering up slowly using the "taping over the dose" that you taught me, and see how you feel each time? Thanks to you I have so far managed to taper down from 2 sprays to 1.66 (I have the opposite problem to you - I am super sensitive to reducing it but not increasing it)

x
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 03:27:07 PM by Gilla999 »

EllaAurora

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2021, 04:57:22 PM »

Hi Pippa,
sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I don't have any experience on Lenzetto I'm afraid, but I'm thinking along the same lines as Gilla based on my own experience upping the dose with Estrogel. Perhaps the increase from one spray to two was too much on one go and your body reacted to this?

I've had a bad experience when trying to increase too fast and am now taking it really slow and giving body time to adjust even to a tiny increase before going further. By really slow I mean adding only a tiny amount, like 1/4 a pump, and then giving body a few weeks to adjust to that before adding more. I'm not yet fully balanced, but at least this way I have been able to increase and I seem to tolerate it better than last time when I upped dose more rapidly and had bad side effects.

Let us know how you get on! xxx

Pippa52

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2021, 06:52:47 PM »

Gilla and Ella Aurora thanks so much for your replies I think you are spot on.  I am super sensitive to any type of drug and the slightest change in dose of anything effects me.  I am still using the tape over the opening of Lenzetto but am sticking firmly to the dose I am now on (1 and a half sprays daily - 1 spray at night and the half dose twelve hours later in the day and find breaking the dose into 2 suits me better.  I will stay on this dose for several weeks now (hot flushes have improved a lot over the last couple of days) and then increase it incredibly slowly and hopefully get up to the 2 sprays daily eventually.  I do like the Lenzetto as it is so easy to use so will stick with it.  Thanks so much for your repiies ladies xx

Pippa52

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2021, 06:54:13 PM »

Gilla ---- SO glad the tapering is working well for you xxx

Floo36

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2021, 10:15:15 AM »

Gills, how do you test how you metabolise Estrogen?

Gilla999

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2021, 07:42:39 PM »

Floo it's one of the DUTCH tests - I can't remember the name of which one but if you search their website I think it's describes it as estrogen metabolites xx

Floo36

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2021, 07:09:50 AM »

Thanks Gilla999