Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Breast screening-re-call  (Read 3431 times)

shrosphirelass

Re: Breast screening-re-call
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2021, 06:30:59 PM »

Thanks for the info I thought it was 3 years and I was due this year, but I haven't had an invite. Maybe there's a backlog with covid? Ive also not heard re smear which I thought was also 3 yearly. Good luck Ann.

Smokey

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2021, 03:31:46 PM »

Hi ladies

Just a a quick update

I have a cyst and some fibrosis tissue, which I was told looked benign but they took a biopsy just to be 100% which is standard procedure.

They were all very nice and caring and completely put my mind at rest thought the whole appointment,I had another mamagram and saw the pictures which was great because I’m insterested in these sort of things I then had a biopsy which involved a needle being inserted after local   Anaesthetic and a small sample taken it was not to painful and actually reminded me of having a coil fitted you know that pinch feeling although it sounded like a stapler being used🤣

I was out after an hour.

I have another appointment Next Monday 25th for the results, I hope they haven’t made a mistake saying it looks benign as I’ve been down a similar sernareo when I was told I didn’t have ms. And turned out I did.

I saw a Breast nurse and asked questions and was surprised to learn if it was cancer I would have surgery not chemotherapy or radiotherapy and would also be given oral medication.

Smokey (Ann)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2021, 03:39:03 PM »

I had a lump removed.  It depends on what is found as to which route is taken.

Tnx for the update.  How do U feel?

jaypo

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2021, 06:06:51 PM »

Thanks for letting us know,these people generally know what they're talking about,they do it every day and see image after image,so I'm sure they're correct,please let us know again (we're a nosy bunch)

Smokey

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2021, 02:32:51 PM »

Hi all

I just had a phone call from Breast clinic saying everything is all clear, I don’t need appointment either, so win win, I’m so relieved 😁

I think COVID rates are on the increase as funny enough my ms hospital appointment has been changed to a telephone one instead, also less stressful for me, hate going as I have an irrational fear of getting lost in hospital 🙈

Smokey (Ann)

jaypo

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2021, 02:42:24 PM »

Woohooooo 🥳🥳🥳🥳 so happy for you,the waiting is awful but I'm so pleased for you ❤️

Smokey

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2021, 01:47:00 PM »

Thank you Jaypo

I am relieved to say the least!

CLKD I’m feeling ok thanks boob stil a bit sore and have a bruise but that’s so much better than the alternative !  Perhaps now my ms will behave itself too my fatigue has been through the roof probably due to the stress! How are you keeping?

Smokey (Ann)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2021, 02:21:31 PM »

Some hospitals are rabbit warrens  ;D.  I did say that visitors should have a long lead from front door so that they can be wound back occasionally  ::).  Some have footsteps in different colours leading to various Depts., others have hand prints on the walls for the same reason.  However  :D

I think worrying = using more energy which may well cause fatigue.  Get those feet up in a sunny space with a cuppa ;-)

:foryou:

Ju Ju

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2021, 06:48:46 PM »

That’s wonderful! I know how you felt!

I’ve had few scares and 2 recalls. I remember years ago, after finding a lump, being given an early morning appointment following a mammogram. No one was around apart from staff and I could hear them talking next door and saying has she anyone with her, then coming in with serious faces. Following taking a needle biopsy, the doctor relaxed and said he was 99.9% sure it was a benign cyst. It was, but they decided to remove it anyway. This last time I was recalled, I again overheard them talking. I was the last appointment, again no other patients around. The conversation was about the last case of the day was simple and straightforward and it was. Another cyst, though I was told that it was unusual at my great age!  ;D My daughter laughed saying serves me right for not looking my age!

jaypo

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2021, 09:01:11 AM »

I think the NHS have a page telling you how to learn the difference between a cyst and a tumour in the breast,it's helped me on a few occasions

Katejo

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2021, 07:58:13 AM »

Hello me again, if it’s not one thing it’s another, just got a letter to go back and have more tests after my mammogram last week, apparently 4 in every 100 women get recalled and most don’t have breast cancer, but of course I’m still panicking it says the tests could take between 2-4 hours.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Any advice would be greatly received.

As if ms isn’t enough!

Many thanks

Smokey (Ann)
  Is this your first ever mammogram? Recall is more common than 4/100 with the 1st because they have no previous image to compare with. It happened to me too but nothing was found and it didn't take 2 to 4 hours n my case. They repeated the original scan and couldn't find the same problem again. Good luck!
Pages: 1 [2]