Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Vagifem V Vagirux  (Read 2173 times)

greenECLECtus28

Vagifem V Vagirux
« on: October 09, 2021, 11:32:50 AM »

Hi my last prescription was changed from Vagifem to Vagirux now I don’t know if it’s my imagination but I don’t feel the applicator that comes with the Vagirux is as easy and effective to use as the Vagifem ones I seem to have difficulty using it half the time the tablet doesn’t come out and I don’t seem to be able to get it very far in compared to when I used the Vagifem applicators I do have a prolapse and wondered if this is affecting it. I take this to protect against UTI’s and am concerned if the tablet isn’t far enough up it won’t work I would say it goes in about 3/4 of an index finger’s length if that makes sense  ;D anyone else who’s switched noticed a difference or is it in fact my imagination right enough!

Whatsupwiththis

Re: Vagifem V Vagirux
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2021, 12:52:25 PM »

I believe that is the generic for Vagifem.  If it gets about 1/3 up, you should be ok.  According to the leaflet and experts, 1/3 is more beneficial.  Hopefully other ladies who have used generic will be along soon.

Postmeno3

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2021, 02:53:16 PM »

I had problems with the applicator not ejecting. I figured out there's a kind of double click, so you think it's ejected on the first, but in fact needs a second. It can be a bit random though regardless. I asked to go back on Vagifem as a result.

greenECLECtus28

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2021, 07:52:57 PM »

Thanks for the feedback I was thinking of asking if I can go back on Vagifem but have an idea what the answer will be  :( as I didn’t even know they were changing it until I went to pick up the prescription it’s all to do with cost I believe the Vagirux is cheaper

Postmeno3

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2021, 07:51:31 AM »

I have a sneaky feeling it's known that it's inferior and they'll readily accept reverting to Vagifem. When you request, you could always say others on this forum have found the same issues? A lot of gps do recommend this forum after all.