Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Increasing gel -when to start splitting dose or continue once per day?  (Read 1324 times)

EllaAurora

Hello ladies,
Asking your help again. As I've shared before here, I am on Estrogel and gradually increasing my dose, currently on ca 2.5 pumps but I may need to go up to 3 at least, maybe even more. I'm wondering how long can I continue increasing the dose while still applying only once/day. Or should I start splitting? I am applying in the evening and it seems to work for me much better than the morning, so I'd like to continue with that but applying high dose on one go also makes me wonder if I create more peaks and troughs that way.

How are you doing this, are you applying all on one go, or splitting?

Hope you are feeling well today and thank you for advice. xxx

VictoryV

Re: Increasing gel -when to start splitting dose or continue once per day?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2021, 02:28:04 PM »

Hi Ella, I increased from 2 to 3 in one go. A pharmacist told me not to split, his reason was that you wouldn’t split antibiotics.
Do you feel better on 2.5 than you did on 2?
Hope you’re having a good day.
Victoria.x

EllaAurora

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2021, 03:55:43 PM »

Hi Ella, I increased from 2 to 3 in one go. A pharmacist told me not to split, his reason was that you wouldn’t split antibiotics.
Do you feel better on 2.5 than you did on 2?
Hope you’re having a good day.
Victoria.x

Hi Victoria
thanks for your answer, are you applying all 3 pumps at the same time? Maybe silly question but how do you 'fit' such a high amount of gel?
I'm applying to my inner things and feel like already running out of space with 2.5 pumps :D And it takes quite long for the gel to dry.

I feel better with 2.5 vs 2, though my progress is very slow as I'm adding so slowly. Have some bad experience from the past from increasing too rapidly so trying to give my body more time to adjust now. I feel like my optimal is probably somewhere around 3 pumps, or even between 2.5 and 3 (yes, I'm very sensitive to hormones to taking it real baby steps).

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2021, 04:03:05 PM »

Hi I use 4 pumps all at once x

EllaAurora

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2021, 07:23:10 PM »

Hi I use 4 pumps all at once x

Thanks Dotty! Do you feel the oestrogen levels stay stable all through the 24 hours? I'm asking as I can currently feel the dose 'wearing off' towards the evening, but that may also be related to my dose not being yet optimal.

VictoryV

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2021, 08:10:30 PM »

Hi Ella,
I put 3 pumps in one go, I agree it takes ages to dry. I put a pump on each inner thigh and one on top of my knee. I take half of the knee pump and put it on the other knee and then rub the lot in. By the time I’m finished I’ve got gel rubbed in around all my thighs and right around my knees/top of calves. I then wait about ten mins before dressing.
It’s strange about the feeling like the Oestrogel is running out, I’ve not had that. I don’t ‘feel’ the Oestrogel but I do feel the testosterone when I first apply it. The best way I can describe it is it makes me more alert immediately, a bit like a very strong coffee.

Initially I really liked the convenience of Lenzetto but I prefer the flexibility that the gel provides now, I daren’t change over anyway!I don’t use 3 pumps of Oestrogel daily, I do on Utrogestan days and the odd morning where I’ve woken in a ‘bleh’ mood and got a tough day ahead.

Ella, do you mean that you feel it running out latter in the day because your symptoms are coming back? If so maybe you need that extra half pump to get the right balance? I’m not a doctor so not advising to do that just sort of wondering.

Hope you’re having a good evening. Victoria.x

EllaAurora

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2021, 12:05:05 PM »

Hi Ella,
I put 3 pumps in one go, I agree it takes ages to dry. I put a pump on each inner thigh and one on top of my knee. I take half of the knee pump and put it on the other knee and then rub the lot in. By the time I’m finished I’ve got gel rubbed in around all my thighs and right around my knees/top of calves. I then wait about ten mins before dressing.
It’s strange about the feeling like the Oestrogel is running out, I’ve not had that. I don’t ‘feel’ the Oestrogel but I do feel the testosterone when I first apply it. The best way I can describe it is it makes me more alert immediately, a bit like a very strong coffee.

Initially I really liked the convenience of Lenzetto but I prefer the flexibility that the gel provides now, I daren’t change over anyway!I don’t use 3 pumps of Oestrogel daily, I do on Utrogestan days and the odd morning where I’ve woken in a ‘bleh’ mood and got a tough day ahead.

Ella, do you mean that you feel it running out latter in the day because your symptoms are coming back? If so maybe you need that extra half pump to get the right balance? I’m not a doctor so not advising to do that just sort of wondering.

Hope you’re having a good evening. Victoria.x

Hi Victoria, thanks a lot. One more question if you don't mind sharing. You mention that you use 3 pumps oestrogel on utrogestan days -do you use less then on the non-utro days? Is there a logic that we need more oestrogen if there is also higher progesterone? I'm interested in this as I am on continuous utro now and wonder if that is one of the reasons that I haven't yet found a balance with 2.5 pumps (which I thought would be quite high dose for me already)?

I also have been considering moving to Lenzetto but decided to still try with oestrogel a little longer, as I'm dreading any change at the moment. Even adding a tiny amount of gel is a big change for me, so switching product would be massive :)

Dotty

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2021, 02:02:13 PM »

Hi no I don’t feel the dose running out. I put the gel on sometime between 8am and lunchtime, depending on what I’m doing. x

VictoryV

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2021, 02:13:52 PM »

Hi Ella,
Sorry I didn’t see your question.
Last month I had one more pump on the days I had the 200mg Utrogestan and I’m considering moving from the regular 2 to 3 pumps each morning. My GP said to experiment/go up to 4 if required.
I feel like you in that changing from gel to spray is a massive change and not necessary for me yet. I’d rather find a happy balance with the gel because it’s all I know, no other reason.
Being totally honest I’ve got no idea whether it’s the Oestrogel, Testosterone or Utrogestan that’s got me feeling well. The anxiety frightened the life out of me and I’ll take whatever I have to in order to enjoy life. I strongly suspect I was estrogen deficient for a long time before I woke up one day in absolute hell, it’s going to take time to replace what I’ve lost.

I hope you’re having a good day.
Victoria.xx

EllaAurora

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2021, 03:09:52 PM »

Hi Ella,
Sorry I didn’t see your question.
Last month I had one more pump on the days I had the 200mg Utrogestan and I’m considering moving from the regular 2 to 3 pumps each morning. My GP said to experiment/go up to 4 if required.
I feel like you in that changing from gel to spray is a massive change and not necessary for me yet. I’d rather find a happy balance with the gel because it’s all I know, no other reason.
Being totally honest I’ve got no idea whether it’s the Oestrogel, Testosterone or Utrogestan that’s got me feeling well. The anxiety frightened the life out of me and I’ll take whatever I have to in order to enjoy life. I strongly suspect I was estrogen deficient for a long time before I woke up one day in absolute hell, it’s going to take time to replace what I’ve lost.

I hope you’re having a good day.
Victoria.xx

Hi Victoria, thanks a lot, sounds very similar to what I've been through. I also suspect I've had estrogen deficiency for long time, but in March this year it all crashed and I got all the horrible symptoms almost on one go. It was really overwhelming.  :o Have been trying to get to a new balance ever since. I'm feeling a lot better now than in the spring or summer, but still not great so I'm continuing to tweak the dose with tiny increases every couple of weeks. I also feel my body needs a lot of time to adjust, so trying to stay patient.
Hope you're feeling well today & take care xxx

VictoryV

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2021, 12:52:25 AM »

Hi Ella,
I was the same! Went to bed normal and woke feeling dreadful with many symptoms. At first I suspected Covid so did 3 different tests, then the hot weather, then finally a nervous breakdown. I have never been as scared and I’ve had scary situ’s just not health related.
I’m not good at patience but I’m trying  ;D

I hope we all have a good day tomorrow!

Victoria.x