Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Reflux  (Read 2898 times)

Jane50

Re: Reflux
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2020, 02:04:45 PM »

Hi Taz2, the GP said to get back in touch if the Gaviscon Advance doesn't work but as the reflux has started at the same time as a myriad of other meno issues I can only presume that it's another joyous symptom!

CLKD - I am now in receipt of a giant 600ml bottle of Gaviscon. Yum! I guess Omeprozol will be the next step if this doesn't work..

NicolaJ and CherrySG - thanks will order some chai and liquorice tea and also some slippery elm

What a wonderful support you all are - thank you! x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2020, 02:22:00 PM »

Don't use it all at once  :o or you won't know what is working and think of the bowels  ;D

Jane50

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2020, 02:30:17 PM »

I won't use it all at once CLKD, got to save something to look forward to  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2020, 03:05:54 PM »

U know how to live  ;D

Cat71

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2020, 08:11:05 PM »

I used to have terrible heartburn / gas / acid for years. I started a NOOM healthy eating programme 7 weeks ago and it’s all practically gone. I’ve lost nearly a stone in weight and am eating much healthier foods! X

Cat71

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2020, 08:15:09 PM »

Ps - I used to have omeprazole but it seriously upset my digestive system and caused different symptoms. It reduces the acid so much that the bad bacteria take over. I had awful flatulence for 3 months afterwards. I don’t know if it does this to everyone though. Antibiotics don’t do my digestive system any good either, even the gastro resistant ones. All kills the good bacteria. I stuck to Gavison after that. My acid practically went after 2 weeks of starting Noom. Highly recommend it ❤️

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2020, 08:48:16 PM »

What's NOOM ?

Many medications may well work differently for different people which is why it can be such tiring Trial and Error  :-\

Jane50

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2020, 09:03:07 PM »

Not sure how I can eat much more healthily but always open to any suggestions. I don't drink alcohol, only have decaf green tea, no refined sugars and loads of veggies. I'm avoiding any strong spices and avoiding tomato based foods.  I really hope the Gaviscon helps! Will research the NOOM diet.

Taz2

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2020, 10:12:51 PM »

I'm on omeprazole for my reflux and can eat or drink anything with no discomfort but mine is caused by a hiatus hernia which was only discovered by endoscopy. I don't like taking them long term due to the association with possible stomach cancer but without them I risk oesophageal cancer. Rock and a hard place!

Taz x  :-\

Cat71

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2020, 11:09:56 PM »

Noom has been advertised on the TV and social media lately. It’s a healthy eating programme where you log your meals and it teaches you food groups - green, yellow and red. It works on psychology and completely changes how you think about food / how you cook it / healthier alternatives to bad fats etc etc. You get a personal coach and a group coach too. You also log your daily step count etc. You can eat what you want as long as you stay within your entire calorie budget and do your best to stay within the yellow and red food groups budgets. They give you an analysis of your foods as you log them. It’s the only thing that’s shifted the weight for me during menopause. Already 13.5 pounds off in 7 weeks. I won’t be going back to how I used to eat 😀

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2021, 06:35:12 PM »

I saw an idea yesterday: "Aptimal" - powder formation which eases heartburn and reflux  :o

Should we give it go? 

Now owned by Danone:

Inspired by over 120 years of NUTRICIA's expertise in early life science, and 40 years of pioneering research, our team had developed Aptamil® (r) Anti-Reflux; nutritionally complete* and combining our blend of ingredients with our unique process to develop a formulation specifically designed for babies with frequent reflux and regurgitation. If you think your baby has frequent reflux and regurgitation speak to your healthcare professional for advice.

How it works

Aptamil® Anti-Reflux is formulated with carob bean gum, which thickens the formula, helping the feed
« Last Edit: October 08, 2021, 06:40:03 PM by CLKD »
Pages: 1 [2]