Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Consultant recommendations  (Read 727 times)

AKatieD

Consultant recommendations
« on: October 06, 2021, 09:48:49 AM »

Hi

My g.p. is not willing to go off piste (understandably) to sort out my progesterone intolerance. Any suggestions for a consultant who will tell her what to prescribe?

She recommended Nick Panay but no appointments before Feb 22. Prof Studd seems recommended on here but sadly he has passed away.

I can't seem to take Utrogestan daily/ alternate days, vaginally or orally and want to stick with the bioidentical route.

Post menopause with uterus so obliged to take progesterone in some form.

Crinone seems to fit the bill but whether it is as good as sounds and who will offer?

Recommendations please?

Dotty

Re: Consultant recommendations
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2021, 11:21:04 AM »

Professor Studd’s clinic is now run by  Michael Savvas and Neale Watson who trained under Professor Studd. x

AKatieD

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2021, 11:38:23 AM »

Thanks, Dottie.

Does that mean you would recommend either of them and they offer alternative progesterones, like Crinone, or ... ?

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2021, 02:00:58 PM »

Hi sorry I can’t help you with that question. I don’t know what they prescribe and I haven’t had a consultation there. X

ricekrispie

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2021, 09:38:51 PM »

I used the London Hormone clinic and liked them. They will write to your GP requesting the blood tests they need before your consultation. Then you don’t have to pay for them. I saw both Dr Toledano and Dr Amalia. They really helped at the beginning when I knew nothing and couldn’t string a sentence together.