Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: PLEASE HELP!! Utrogestan and Oestrogel help  (Read 1356 times)

Me

PLEASE HELP!! Utrogestan and Oestrogel help
« on: October 05, 2021, 03:43:47 PM »

I've been to my GP who 'didn't know' the answer so am panicking now.

I decided to try HRT again mainly for my very low mood which has now plummeted even further after my pointless visit to GP who couldn't help me.  Previous GP told me to take it 1-25 days which I know is not the best way. The NICE guidelines are totally different.  One way is to take 2 tablets at bed time for 12 nights.  OK but WHEN?  on first day of period or any time.  ALSO, when do you take the oestrogel?  There is literally NO infomration about his ANYWHERE on the internet.  Now I don't know if I should put the gel on again this evening and if I can start the Utrogestan tonight.

My period started on Saturday.
I started Oestrogel on Sunday night.
I have no idea when to start the Utrogestan.

Dotty

Re: PLEASE HELP!! Utrogestan and Oestrogel help
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2021, 04:08:08 PM »

Hi the first day of your period is Day 1. So you take Utrogestan on days 15-26. You take 2 tablets at night on an empty stomach. Make a note of the date you start it and take it on the same dates every month.

Use Oestrogel every day. x

Me

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2021, 04:13:48 PM »

Hi - thanks for the info.

My question is, when I read that Oestrogel can be started 'any time' can I really take it on its own for the next 10 days before Day 15?

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2021, 04:32:28 PM »

Yes. It's normal to start oestrogen before progesterone (utrogeston in your case) - without the additional build up from oestrogen there's no need for added progesterone.

Me

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2021, 04:35:45 PM »

So I can carry on with my pump tonight?
Also, does Oestrogel make you dizzy?
I have had 2 funny turns today - one when I was with the GP.
Sorry for all the questions and thank you for replying. :)
Feeling totally out of my depth.

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2021, 04:49:27 PM »

Yes you can carry on with the gel tonight. Not sure if it can make you dizzy, maybe read the information leaflet. It can be a meno symptom though so I would be inclined to carry on with it and see if it settles. Can also be caused by iner ear problems, low blood sugar and other things.

Me

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2021, 05:06:30 PM »

Last question.

My GP just rang me back, I think worried that she wasn't able to answer any of my questions during the appointment.
Essentially she advised the same as you.  However, she said to count the day I started the Oestrogel as Day 1, not the first day of my period.
So my period started on Saturday, I started the gel SUnday evening.  Have you ever heard of counting the day of starting Oestrogel as Day 1?
Thanks again.

sheila99

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2021, 07:03:05 PM »

Assuming you have a 28 day cycle I would stick to the first of your cycle as day 1 so the hrt cycle stays in step with your own. It's only one day different so probably won't make much difference.

Me

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2021, 04:10:13 PM »

Hi - no my periods are not 28 days.  They're all over the place, generally getting further apart.

sheila99

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2021, 04:20:13 PM »

It won't make any difference then. Mine are variable too, even when regular they were 6 weeks instead of 4. I start utro a couple of days after I ovulate so the hrt bleed is in step with my own.