Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Status of Duavive/Duavee??  (Read 992 times)

cityrat

Status of Duavive/Duavee??
« on: October 05, 2021, 09:40:28 PM »

This HRT (combined Bazedoxefine and Premarin estrogen) was a godsend, estrogen without the need for progesterone that actually protected you from breast cancer. Premarin may not have been ideal but I was fine with it. The Phizer med was recalled in 2020 for some bizarre reason, and it has been on "backordered" status ever since. I'm guessing there was something business- or patent-related, or perhaps to do with putting resources toward Covid, or fear of liability for a less popular estrogen that led to this decision, but don't know really.

Does anyone know anything about the status of Duavee (Called Duavive outside the US where i am located) at the present time? Is it ever coming back? What about a standalone form of Bazedoxefine that can be combined with an estrogen? (there was something available in some countries called Conbriza which fits this description but as far as I know not avl in US).

In the interim, my gyno put me on Premarin .9 oral and a long cycle vaginal progesterone (prometrium 200); thankfully I am able to tolerate that bc I have had big problems with prog in the past.

I was on Duavee with a supplemental estradiol patch and would love to go back to that. Any clues?

Dotty

Re: Status of Duavive/Duavee??
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2021, 07:33:19 AM »

Hi I think it’s been discontinued . x

cityrat

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2023, 05:58:26 PM »

FYI: Duavee is back! It has been de-recalled 🙄and is available again.

meno-mel

• No ovarian function & I bleed cyclically on conti!
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2023, 06:53:14 AM »

This HRT (combined Bazedoxefine and Premarin estrogen) was a godsend, estrogen without the need for progesterone
Hi cityrat, is this really an oestrogen HRT that doesn't require progesterone even with a uterus?
I've been suicidal on too many progesterones to have the will to try another one.

Maybe this website should (re?)include it in the available treatments section?

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2023, 08:26:06 AM »

Hi menomel - as far as I recall it is a low dose oestrogen but the horse wee type and is for post-menopause. Again as far as I remember the bazedoxefene is not a progestogen but interferes with the oestrogen receptors in the uterus to prevent uterine build-up - hope I have that right as I haven't looked it up recently but if you go to the homepage of the forum and do a search you will find posts on it! I know some years ago I will have written about it.

Re available treatments - if this is in UK then perhpas send Emma a message and she can ask Dr Currie to update the menu?

Hurdity x