Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Inital experiance of HRT (Evoral Sequi) is a mixed bag  (Read 650 times)

Berto77

Inital experiance of HRT (Evoral Sequi) is a mixed bag
« on: October 05, 2021, 03:42:41 PM »

I am 44 and now on my 6th week of Evoral Sequi. I felt pretty good the first couple of days on it but unfortunately in my first week a close family member became critically ill and was in and out of hospital for a month. Thankfully they now seem to be recovering well but that whole month I was all over the place and messed up my patches putting them on in the wrong order, so I think the patches are out of sync with my natural cycle as was still having periods.

Anyway for the past few weeks I have have been bleeding on and off and I'm not sure which is my period and what is random hrt induced bleeding. I don't believe its anything to worry about as I had an endometrial biopsy and transvaginal ultrasound in early August which all came back normal and I started hrt just after that.

So far the HRT is a mixed bag my vasomoter symptoms are gone and my restless legs have also pretty much gone which is great as that was awful. Initially I felt a bit of an energy boost but not really feeling it now. My breasts are a bit fuller and firmer. The less positive effects are all the bleeding, my chin has broken out rather badly and I have headaches everyday, I feel pretty tired but that could be as a result of bleeding and the headaches. I was prone to acne when younger but retin a sorted it out until now and I do suffer from migraine but was in a good phase of migraine before I started the hrt however the stress of recent events could be the main cause of my headaches.

I sort of think that it could just take a while for me to get used to the patches and that things like the headaches, bleeding and spots will go away in a few weeks. However I also worry that as I messed up the first month of my patches I'd be better to stop them for a while and then try again in a month? But perhaps going on and off the patches is a bad idea as well?

I am waiting for an appointment at the menopause clinic but it will probably take months and in the meantime my GP has given me a 6 momth supply of the evoral sequi.

I suppose I imagined the hrt would make me feel great but I don't feel to good at all at the moment but its hard to deterime why that is if you see what I mean?