Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Evorel Question (a different one)  (Read 768 times)

KaraShannon

Evorel Question (a different one)
« on: October 03, 2021, 11:51:19 PM »

Hi everyone

Well, about a week ago I increased my supplemental evorel sequi estradiol patch, so 1 x 50 supplemental patch now, instead of 25.

I've felt a bit rough this week, I'm not sure if infection or not, but also continual upper gastric discomfort, mild but noticeable.  Like a bubble of air there moving up and down the chest.  Not something I usually get.

Plus face keeps flushing, I've had this before but usually if I haven't eaten enough in a day, and only then, but now it's doing it quite a lot and I think I've eaten enough, lol...

The only other thing was I missed a dose of thryoxine last sunday, which I never do.  I'm on a high dose and it's taken all week until Friday to feel better.

Just wondering what might be wrong really, I wanted to increase the patch slightly by cutting it in half, but we are not supposed to?  something to do with the way they are made?  I'll leave a note online for the doctor and explain what I've done and what they think but wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences from an increase? 

Hurdity

Re: Evorel Question (a different one)
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2021, 07:51:43 AM »

Hi there - do you mean you have been prescribed an oestrogen only patch alongside your evorel sequi? In both phases of the cycle?

I don't know about thyroid issues but to me if you have altered/forgotten a dose this could cause symptoms - but Wrensong would be able to answer that.

No problem at all with cutting patches! it was only the old reservoir patches that couldn't be cut. If you wanted to increase by ponly 25 mcg then yes cut the patch in half (obviously so that you can still apply it and peel off the backing film. So I cut mine longitudinally and still have the backing film to enasble me to apply the patch.

In haste as have to go..

Hurdity x

KaraShannon

Re: Evorel Question (a different one)
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2021, 11:34:01 AM »

Thanks Hurdity

Yes I meant those supplemental patches alongside normal evorel sequi in all phases of the cycle.

I should really have cut the patch to start with then...........I'll see how I am in the next couple of days.  I don't want to be on a really high dose, don't think that's healthy, I've not felt any extra benefit so far, aside from feeling cold yesterday when others were not (which I thought was an achievement even though I've never got hot flushes  ;D)