Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Sore anus  (Read 4225 times)

Rhinoslass

Sore anus
« on: October 02, 2021, 11:57:22 AM »

Hi everyone hope some one can help me sorry if tmi I have a sore anus it hurts to sit down and feels as thou its throbbing. Had this uncomfortable condition for a while now. 2 wks ago I had piles it was a big one. So got absolutely which did help. But its still uncomfortable.  And still throbs has any one had this or is it pn please help ty xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Sore anus
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2021, 12:31:19 PM »

There is a product at the chemist called 'anusol'.  You could also buy a cushion with a hole in the middle which supports the coccyx - have a lookC at mobility companies on line?  Bit like a child's swimming support ring but for sitting upon.

Have U seen your Practice Nurse for advice?  Sounds painful!

Rhinoslass

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2021, 01:29:32 PM »

Sorry it was anusol I have a cushion. And it's a nightmare trying to get to see a nurse. It's not a very nice feeling at all. And I still have pain in the vagina. Or uncomfortable I would say. This has totally changed me in a person. That I was last Yr. Still waiting on referral to hospital second opinion been waiting nearly 6wks to be told its still not been looked at. So was just wondering if anyone else has had this issue. I would love to go private but I can't afford it x

Gynaikeíos

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2021, 02:42:22 PM »

Hello Rhinoslass, what you describe sounds like how VA began with me, if you have not had it diagnosed already. It started with uncomfortable soreness around anus that I used anusol on as I also had a small pile.

Anusol did make the pile go but I do think that the gradual dryness from my drop off of oestrogen started at the same time. I began to have the burning and cutting feelings of VA so soon afterwards that I think the two were connected.

Dear CLKD is right about the cushion and anusol. Do also make sure to check how your symptoms of pains might be a sign of VA.

I wish you a very quick recovery from the rotton ouches.

Suzysheep

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2021, 04:55:45 PM »

You could have an anal fissure, a small tear at the opening of the anus. I have had one and it was extremely painful and made me really worried.
Get a dr to have a look. If it is a fissure there are different creams that are used. Rectogesic is one.
You have my sympathy, it’s pretty debilitating. Xxx

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2021, 05:06:57 PM »

OH! that's painful.   I have found 'savlon' really useful for soreness, applied liberally whilst on the loo, then sit for a while.  Then again at bed time, if necessary wearing panties at night.

MayB get some VA treatment 2 C if that eases symptoms.  There are so many nerves in that area!

Lyncola

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2021, 09:44:13 AM »

I have had piles problems for over 13 years and fissure for about three years. So I have lots of experience with this. I’m currently waiting to give my doctor permission to send me to colon surgeon. I got told in February after my colonoscopy to see one, but I’ve been delaying as the fear of pain after the operation, plus I plan to cut my hours in half next year. So I can deal with this.

You would know if you had a fissure, when you poop, it’s like pooping out glass. And you often bleed. The pain last for a couple of hours then you feel okay again, until you poop again.
With piles you can definitely feel them and see them, and the pain is more constant though out the day. If your very unlucky it can thrombosis, the pain is horrible I could bearly walk. I had to go to emergency and had the blood clots cut out.

Now how do you live with them, yes there’s lots of good creams for the chemist, but can only be use for 7 days, my doctor told me I was safe to use for 10.
So I would recommend spritz baths. In America they have a plastic this you put on your toilet?  I just use my bath warm water about 5cm so it covers your ass and half a cup of salt. Sit for 15 minutes. Great for after a poop.
I live in Australia, so getting natural products to use is hard. I found in America you could get T.N Dickinson witch hazel piles relieve. I google the ingredients and made my own
I use 50% cooled boiled water, 50% of witch hazel and a squirt of pure aloe Vera (I’d got my from the body shop) just as long as the only ingredients is aloe. I keep it in a bottle and wet a cotton ball and stick it between my butt cheeks.

Also a high fibre diet, so your poops are nice and soft. And it’s a good idea to have your doctor have a look so you know what your dealing with. If your from the UK I understand it’s hard to see your doctor? In Australia we still can see our doctor anytime, and coronavirus has not change that, thank god as I’ve been at least 50 times in the last two years, plus dentist and hospital appointments.

I hope this helps you  :)

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2021, 09:54:57 AM »

Morning, it is still difficult to get face2face appts with GPs in England.   >:(

Aloe vera is a great healer, as is honey .......... a friend took aloe vera in liquid form  :-X and his aches and pains disappeared after 3 months.