Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Oestradiol 345pmol/L ?  (Read 766 times)

Nix

Oestradiol 345pmol/L ?
« on: September 30, 2021, 09:38:22 AM »

Oestradiol 345pmol/L

Adult Female Ref Range:

Follicular E2 :     (0-300)

Mid Cycle E2:       (400-1200)

Luteal E2:          (250-1000)

Post-Menopausal E2 : ( < 190)

I could really do with some help regarding my recent blood results. I’m new to HRT. At the time of taking the blood test I had been taking Oestrogen for 2 weeks and was on day 3 of a 12 day progesterone cycle. When I started taking the Oestrogen I was not certain when my next period was due so was told to just stick a patch on and start. At the time of the blood test ( 2 weeks later)  I hadn’t had a period for well over a month (just repeating I’d been on Oestrogen for 2 weeks and day 3 of progesterone at this point). I’m usually regular so put this down to the HRT.  Just wondering, considering I hadn’t had a period for nearly 5 weeks, where I am in the cycle and if my level is a little too high? I’ve been having some strange symptoms and my breasts have been really sore since the start of HRT which is a new symptom for me.  Sorry if this is a little confusing, I’m all over the place with it all.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2021, 09:40:06 AM by Nix »

Nik2502

Re: Oestradiol 345pmol/L ?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2021, 07:09:30 PM »

Hormone tests can be hit and miss.  Newson Health aim for an optimal figure of 350 so you’re about spot on. Trouble is we are all so different and what is high for one can be low for another.
I’ve found symptoms of high oestrogen are the same as for low so it’s trial and error with my oestrogen x

Floo36

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2021, 07:01:45 AM »

I’d be extremely ill on your level of Estrogen and even double it but some women are well on less than that.  It’s a minefield it really is which is why you need to go on symptoms not bloods, it took me a while to work it out especially in peri when fluctuations can be wild.  Go by how you feel. 

Nix

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2021, 04:36:13 AM »

I’d be extremely ill on your level of Estrogen and even double it but some women are well on less than that.  It’s a minefield it really is which is why you need to go on symptoms not bloods, it took me a while to work it out especially in peri when fluctuations can be wild.  Go by how you feel.
Thanks Floo… just answered you on the other thread. 😊

Gilla999

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2021, 10:00:09 AM »

I don't think it sounds too high, though it really does depend on where you're at in your cycle and as you're not sure, it's hard to say either way. You could have ovulated and be in the luteal phase without knowing and actually be low? Or be at ovulation!

I think blood tests will only be useful once you know for sure where you're at in your cycle and until then I think how you're feeling is a better guide. Sore boobs are indicative of rising estrogen but also a common side effect when you start HRT (and went away for me).

The strange symptoms could also be due to the timing of your HRT not being in sync with your cycle (if you're normally still having one which it sounds like you are). For example if you're unknowingly taking Progesterone before you've ovulated in your cycle, that might throw you things out a bit and cause side effects. In my own experience my body complains any time I try to go against anything it naturally wants to do!

I'd be inclined not to start tweaking anything just yet as that can cause more problems and then you lose sight of what's what, so if you're feeling like you can carry on for a while just see how things go. You might end up getting a surprise period shortly - that happened to me about 6 weeks after starting HRT.

Keep us posted xx
« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 10:02:36 AM by Gilla999 »