Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Period pain after periods have finished 3 years ago?  (Read 720 times)

Lady Daviot

Period pain after periods have finished 3 years ago?
« on: October 04, 2021, 05:02:45 PM »

Hi Ladies,

I have not posted for a while. 52 and my last period was about 3 years ago. Still have hot flushes etc, but I have noticed the last 2-3 months that I have started to get almost period symptoms again, no bleed thank god but when I used to get my periods before I would usually feel ovulation pain in each side, alternative months, this has come back. Is this to be expected as our bodies adapt? I am not on hrt but have in the past suffered from ovarian cysts, one was removed when I was 18, others have come and gone without the need for treatment. Feeling hormonal, but not sure if this is just still the change?

I do feel bloated, but I put this down to my lockdown diet which I am trying to work on. I had full bloods done recently for fatigue and the GP advised all came back okay. I still feel tired a lot, but I also have a stressful job and several elderly parents to support, as well as a darling teenage daughter. 

Any advise?

Many thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Period pain after periods have finished 3 years ago?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2021, 06:06:14 PM »

Sometimes the ovaries have a party when we least expect, which can cause symptoms.  For several years I had period pains and thought each time "Not after all this time!" but never a bleed.

Lady Daviot

Re: Period pain after periods have finished 3 years ago?
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2021, 06:26:23 PM »

Hi CLKD,

Thank you that is good to know.

Cheers