Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan & no periods  (Read 1743 times)

Kirsty76

• First Flush
Utrogestan & no periods
« on: September 27, 2021, 07:51:33 PM »

Hi my name is kirsty, I’m 45 & think I’ve been peri menopausal for a few years, low mood, Erratic heavy periods, anxiety, sleep problem, itchy skin etc. I started on HRT 6 weeks ago. 2 pumps oestrogen & 200mg utrogestan for 14 days each month. I came off of the POP contraceptive pill the day before starting HRT, I’ve just completed my 2nd lot of utrogestan & ive still not had a period. The first 4-5 weeks I was beginning to feel much more like myself however the past 10 days I’ve had horrendous anxiety & PMT. I’m concerned about not having a period so would be grateful for any advice or other people’s experience. Thanks 😊

sheila99

Re: Utrogestan & no periods
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2021, 09:05:44 PM »

It's the withdrawal from prog that causes the bleed so it come 2-3 days after you stop utro. If your body is producing it (and it may well be as you have pmt symptoms) you'll bleed when you stop producing it. My own cycle is always stronger than the hrt one.

Kirsty76

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2021, 09:10:42 PM »

I stopped taking it 6 days ago but still no bleed, I’m concerned this isn’t normal. Although just coming off the pill may have something to do with this maybe? Thanks for the advice  :)

VictoryV

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2021, 10:59:27 AM »

Hi Kirsty,
I don’t think there’s a normal as such, especially in the early months. I forgot to take the 200mg Utrogestan at 11pm last night and by 08:00 my period arrived. I’m 49, I suspect you’re still producing Progesterone and I’m not.
I’ve just seen that this thread was last posted on a month ago, how are things this month?
Victoria☀️

L cooke

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2021, 12:10:43 PM »

Hello.

I am new to the group. Are you doing continuous HRT or 2 weeks out of the month progesterone ?

I am on and off HRT oestrogel and utrogestan   
I have been doing sequential hrt for 2 months and still not had a period.

My last natural period was April so I understood I could not do continuous Hrt as I have not been period free for a year .

Unsure the same as you why I have not had a bleed